Bob

Default Thermocouple Life Span

I have a boiler for heating that is fired by natural gas. The boiler is
relatively new about four years old. Within four years I've replaced three
thermocoupules. Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Joseph Meehan

Bob wrote:
I have a boiler for heating that is fired by natural gas. The boiler
is relatively new about four years old. Within four years I've
replaced three thermocoupules. Any suggestions as to why this is
happening?

Make sure you are using the right part, that it is properly placed in
the flame and make sure the flame is correctly adjusted.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Kdbcarwile

I've replaced three
thermocoupules. Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Make sure your pilot is clean, but not like a blowtorch! My company replaces
them with every PM call--saves a lot of call backs!