Davis Leeman

Default Low Water Pressure - pump stops at 20 psi - need advice Please

Here is my problem:

I have a submersible pump in my well, and it will only pump up to around
20-25 psi. The pump stops even though the contacts/switch that turns the
pump on and off inside the Square D box (small gray box) are always
touching (on). When I use water, the pressure drops to around 10psi or less
and the pump once again pumps up to around 25 psi and stops even though the
contacts in the square d box never come apart. My understanding is that with
these contacts touching the pump should continuously run until the pressure
reaches approx. 50psi then they come apart to shut the pump off. As pressure
drops to 30 psi the contacts will come together and pump up to 50psi once
again . Strangely enough I never even reach anything over 25 psi and the
contacts are always touching.

Can a malfunctioning Franklin Elecrical control box fail in such a manner as
to cause the pump to never pump up over 25 psi despite the fact that the
square d box has never switched the pump off? Has anyone seen this? or does
it sound like my submersible pump is bad? I assume it must be one of these 2
things wrong...

I have verified the pressure gauge on line is not malfunctioning, and
checked pressure inside tank, it is around 26psi(when pumped up). I Made
sure there were no blockages to the square D box. Everythings looks
physically fine, except the pump stops at 20-25psi.

INFO: Home is less than 2 years old - everything new 1.5 years ago.
1/2 HP pump, with Franklin Electrical Box, Square D with factory
settings (30/50psi) and tank.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Davis

SQLit

[...]

If the contacts are still closed, then the tank is asking for pressure. If
the motor stops drawing current then there is something wrong with the
motor. Measure current to be sure, when the motor stops. If there still is
current being drawn then imo this points to something else wrong with the
system. Have you verified the bladder pressure in the tank lately? When I
lived on the farm, Dad would send me down once a month to check it. I got to
drive the tractor and I am sure it did not need to be check that often.
You may need to bite the bullet and call a pro