Butch Hinton

Default Slow spin cycle problems

Hi
Have a GE Model WWA5600SBLWW washer. The final spin cycle slows down in
proportion to the size and weight of the wash load. Just moved the
washer away from wall and took off back cover to look at drive belt.
First thing I noticed was was looked like oil on the floor where washer
was sitting and when looked in back of washer, look like a lot of grease
or lubricant has really be thrown around. At one spot on back cover it
even soaked through. Question is - obviously such a thing would cause
belt to slip. With all the oil or grease, do I have a much more serious
problem that would warrant a service call, or even washer is at least
ten years old - would it be just as cheap to buy a new one as to get
service? My limited knowledge of these machine would indicate to me a
transmission or bearing problem. I have noticed when the final spin
cycle seems to run as fast as it should with a light load, it is make a
metallic clicking noise.

Any and all help appreciated!!!!!

Butch

jeff

Butch Hinton wrote in message ...

Hi,

Have a GE Model WWA5600SBLWW washer. The final spin cycle slows down in
proportion to the size and weight of the wash load. Just moved the
washer away from wall and took off back cover to look at drive belt.

First thing I noticed was was looked like oil on the floor where washer
was sitting and when looked in back of washer, look like a lot of grease
or lubricant has really be thrown around.

New transmission time.

At one spot on back cover it
even soaked through. Question is - obviously such a thing would cause
belt to slip.

Also probably got int othe clutch assy which can make it slip too much
as well.

With all the oil or grease, do I have a much more serious
problem that would warrant a service call, or even washer is at least
ten years old - would it be just as cheap to buy a new one as to get
service?

New belt, tranny and possible clutch....probably still cheaper to
repair than replace, esp if you do the labour....but the costs are
gettign close to a new one.

http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink...nsmission.html
GE transmission.
http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink...eedclutch.html
Two speed clutch. 6" diameter.
http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink...asherbelt.html
This belt fits GE, Hotpoint, and RCA washers.

My limited knowledge of these machine would indicate to me a
transmission or bearing problem. I have noticed when the final spin
cycle seems to run as fast as it should with a light load, it is make a
metallic clicking noise.

Getting noisy from the lack of oil inside the tranny!??!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/