Dave K.

Default Best deck design software?

Are there any good software programs that allow you to design a deck, and
are good enough that pro deck builders use them for their plans?

I know there are lots of bad versions of deck design software out there. I
need one that is really sophisticated and flexible because I need to design
a deck that on the long side, connects to our house, including a
cantilevered room that juts out, and on one end the deck needs to connect to
a screen porch. The screen porch has posts spaced every 10 feet, so I want
the deck's post to match that spacing. So this software would need to be
flexible enough that you can designate your own post spacing, work around
cantilevered rooms, etc.

Is there any software out there that would meet my needs? I know lumber
stores can use their software to design decks for you, but so far none I've
seen are flexible enough to take into account all the design variables I
mentioned above.

What kind of software do professional deck builders use to create their
plans and material lists?

Any advice would be appreciated!!

--
NOTE: Please delete the word "REMOVE" from my e-mail address when replying.
This is a spam guard.

William Morris

I'm a personal fan of DeltaCad. It's a CAD program, not specifically for
decks - or anything for that matter - but it produces scale drawings a lot
better than I could with a ruler and pencil. www.deltacad.com

- Wm

--
William Morris