LD

Default Florida Tile

Greetings all;

I'm considering buying Florida Tile for my bathroom floor. Since they
are faily new here in Canada, I'd be interested in hearing from those
who have been living with their products.
How has Florida Tile performed for you? Are you satisfied? Would you
buy them again? Anything I should know about installation (will go on
a plywood sub-floor)? Maintenance?
Any and all information is much appreciated. Thanks.

LD
Jeff Cochran

I'm considering buying Florida Tile for my bathroom floor. Since they
are faily new here in Canada, I'd be interested in hearing from those
who have been living with their products.
How has Florida Tile performed for you? Are you satisfied? Would you
buy them again? Anything I should know about installation (will go on
a plywood sub-floor)? Maintenance?
Any and all information is much appreciated. Thanks.

Living in Florida, I'm wondering what we might be scamming Canadians
with in the tile department. Never heard of "Florida Tile" here.

Jeff
Richard J Kinch

LD writes:

How has Florida Tile performed for you? Are you satisfied? Would you
buy them again?

They've been around a long time, and make a quality product. Most tile
these days is imported and of widely varying quality.
Richard J Kinch

Jeff Cochran writes:

Living in Florida, I'm wondering what we might be scamming Canadians
with in the tile department. Never heard of "Florida Tile" here.

It's a manufacturer's name, not a style.

Christopher Green

Jeff Cochran wrote in message . ..
I'm considering buying Florida Tile for my bathroom floor. Since they
are faily new here in Canada, I'd be interested in hearing from those
who have been living with their products.
How has Florida Tile performed for you? Are you satisfied? Would you
buy them again? Anything I should know about installation (will go on
a plywood sub-floor)? Maintenance?
Any and all information is much appreciated. Thanks.

Living in Florida, I'm wondering what we might be scamming Canadians
with in the tile department. Never heard of "Florida Tile" here.

Jeff

It's a company, not a type of tile: Florida Tile Industries, in
Lakeland. Makes good consumer-grade tile, sold extensively by the DIY
chains.

--
Chris Green
G Valley

Jeff Cochran wrote in message . ..
On 12 Feb 2004 22:48:30 -0800, (Christopher
Green) wrote:

Jeff Cochran wrote in message . ..
I'm considering buying Florida Tile for my bathroom floor. Since they
are faily new here in Canada, I'd be interested in hearing from those
who have been living with their products.
How has Florida Tile performed for you? Are you satisfied? Would you
buy them again? Anything I should know about installation (will go on
a plywood sub-floor)? Maintenance?
Any and all information is much appreciated. Thanks.

Living in Florida, I'm wondering what we might be scamming Canadians
with in the tile department. Never heard of "Florida Tile" here.

Jeff

It's a company, not a type of tile: Florida Tile Industries, in
Lakeland. Makes good consumer-grade tile, sold extensively by the DIY
chains.

Ah. Maybe I need to start looking there for tile instead of the tile
shops...

Thanks,

Jeff

I own a tile and stone distribution company in FL. I show FL Tile Co.
tile. It is inexpensive and yet very durable. My suggestion is to go
with the FL Tile if you like it. However, the kicker here is that you
can make that 2.30 (for example) tile look like a 10.00 tile with some
properly placed hand made tile liners or listellos or a few decorative
tiles. The big box DIY businesses are fine for many flooring needs
but to really get a personalized look go to a local designer and ask
them for some help. Or call the Canadian equivalent of the
American Society of Interior Designers and ask them for "Industry
Partners" that are tile show rooms in your area. These show rooms
should carry designer/custom tile for your use. And don't be afraid
of the idea of custom or designer, just cuz it sounds expensive
doesn't mean it is.
good luck.
gv
Don

"G Valley" wrote in message
om...

. ..
Green) wrote:

[...]

I am in Cape Coral and have been searching unsuccessfully for a 6"x6" dark
charcoal colored tile with a slate textured finish for our front 400 s.f.
entry porch.
Have been to probably 6-8 tile companies and none of them have anything even
close.
Does such a tile exist?
Thanks.

William W. Plummer

"Don" wrote in message
. net...

om...

Green) wrote:

[...]

Yes, and Florida makes it. We brought home some 6"x6" dark charcoal samples
from a local tile store. I believe the part number was 9906, but that
might have been the 12" square number. Ask a FL dealer.

Don

"William W. Plummer" wrote in message

"Don" wrote in message
. net...

om...

Green) wrote:

[...]

Can you recommend an online source or the contact info for a local supplier?
Thanks.

Phil Munro

Default Top / bottom post [was: Florida Tile]

Below is a nice example of bottom posting. Isn't it lovely to read?
I wonder why I prefer top posting? --Phil

Don wrote:

"William W. Plummer" wrote in message

"Don" wrote in message
d.net...

"G Valley" wrote in message
e.com...

Jeff Cochran wrote in message

m...

On 12 Feb 2004 22:48:30 -0800,

(Christopher

Green) wrote:

[...]

Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!
-- See
http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dbabble.htm ----
William W. Plummer

"Don" wrote in message
. net...

"William W. Plummer" wrote in

message

"Don" wrote in message
. net...

om...

Green) wrote:

[...]

I don't know what "local" means to you, but here is the place that had the
samples we brought home.
http://www.fitzgeraldtile.com/ You could call
them.

Mike Marshall

Phil Munro writes:
There remains in my mind the belief that those who bottom post,
usually, or at least often, produce difficult-to-read postings. --Phil

If there's nothing new on the first page of a post, I just skip it.

-Mike
kickstart

http://www.floridatile.com/

I live in Lakeland.
Florida tilew is a great company with top of the line products
It's been here for over 50 years

Kickstart