Jim

Default best screen porch ceiling?

I am building a new house with a fairly large screen porch on the back
(14x36) and I am trying to decide on the best height for the ceiling.
My house has 9' ceilings inside and my porch will be 10' off the
ground. The roof on the porch is a shed roof with a 4/12 pitch and I
had planned to just follow the slope of the rafters, but with a 14'
deep porch that will give me a very tall wall between the porch and
the house, with the deck already 10' off the ground I'm afraid I'll
get dizzy just standing in all that open space. :-)
I was wondering what any of you that have screen porches think
about a vaulted ceiling vs a straight across ceiling. I think the
vault looks good but a flat ceiling may have a more cozy feeling.
Also, should I drop the ceiling down to 8' instead of 9. Thanks, Jim