Corey872

Default Finishing exterior basement wall

Greetings,

Soon I will be starting some finish work in my basement. I have one
exterior wall (poured concrete) and I would really like to finish the
wall (on the inside) in brick. I would also like to use some type of
rigid foam insulation between the brick and the concrete.

My thought is that since the wall is already furred with 2x2's, I
could use 1-1/2" rigid foam which would be flush with the furring.
Then when the brick goes up, I can attach the masonry hangers/ties to
the furring. Does this sound acceptable. Also would I need a vapor
barrier between the brick and the foam?

Thanks,

Corey
Joe Bobst

would I need a vapor barrier between the brick and the foam?

Since a vapor barrier is a good idea could you use faux brick paneling well
painted on the back? Just an idea...

Joe

video on plastering TXXT123 UK diy 9 September 2nd 04 11:21 PM
"Damp" internal wall - initial measurements made. Any ideas? Clive Long,UK UK diy 5 January 30th 04 09:28 AM
Bad odor coming from expansion joint around interior wall of home John Hughes Home Repair 2 December 9th 03 06:05 PM
Dry Rock Retaining Wall RedHeadAllDay Home Repair 4 August 18th 03 02:12 PM