Default Need help with submersible pump, control and pressure switch wiring

I need to do a temp hook up so I can have water before the REAL electrician
comes back to finish the wiring on my remodel.

I just ran new twisted 4 conductor #10 "well wire" to the well head. (only
50 feet from the control box) I also purchased a new pressure switch
(flowtrol) and a new control box as well (franklin electric). Pump is a
grundfos SP4 230V 1HP

None of the wiring diagrams included show a setup like mine.

Pump control has R, G, Y, B, L1 and L2. Pressure switch has L1 and L2.
220V wire is 4 conductor with Red/Black =Hot, White neutral and Green
ground, right? I am puzzled as to how to wire this sonofagun. Is it
typical to use two separate 120V circuits? One for the control box, and one
for the switch? Any way to reconcile the fact that I have a single four
conductor 220V line in?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Default Submersible pump wiring?

I need to do some temporary wiring so I can have water for plumbing test
before my REAL electrician
comes back to finish the wiring on my remodel.

I just ran new twisted 4 conductor #10 "well wire" to the well head. (only
50 feet from the control box) I also purchased a new pressure switch
(flowtrol) and a new control box as well (franklin electric). Pump is a
grundfos SP4 230V 1HP.

None of the wiring diagrams included show a setup like mine.

Pump control has Red , Green , Y, B, L1 and L2. Pressure switch has L1 and
L2. 220V wire is 4 conductor with Red/Black =Hot, White neutral and Green
ground, right? I am puzzled as to how to wire this sonofagun. Is it
typical to use two separate 120V circuits? One for the control box, and one
for the switch? Any way to reconcile the fact that I have a single four
conductor 220V line in?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Speedy Jim

wrote:

[...]

Go he
http://www.do-it-yourself-pumps.com/...trol-boxes.htm

B,Y,R go to the pump motor (Grn is ground wire).

L1 and L2 come *from* the pressure switch. These would be Red/Blk.
The Wh is not used and Grn is ground again.
240V power going *into* the pressure switch would be Red/Blk
from the circuit breaker.

All power (240V) goes to the Pressure switch. There is not a
separate circuit for the control box; the box gets its power
from the Pressure Switch.

Press Sw
RED RED CONTROL BOX

240V R MOTOR