Cold in Mass.

Default Ductless Heating - retrofit possible?

We've got a 3000 SF rustic contemporary in western MA, cathedral
ceilings, lots of :dead: space.. Original builders tried to heat with
in-wall electric blowers (!) then switched to a "woodstove" style gas
heater. It does the job, barely, running 24/7 in a cold snap. Since
there are no ducts in the house, traditional heating is not an option.
Does anyone know of systems that might use small tubes or pipes that
I could run in the corners of the rooms or along the baseboards, so
that we could have some zone heating in this house? I've seen some
ductless combination AC/heat systems, but the heat only works if it's
above freezing outside - not an option out here. We already have
ceiling fans, passive solar house ( mixed blessing) and insulated
window blinds. Radiant heating a partial option on the first floor,
but we're looking for something we can do in the whole place - Thanks
for any help you can provide -
m Ransley

Gas Hot Water Baseboard heat.

RB

If LP or natural gas is an option you might consider one or more Monitor
heaters.

http://www.monitorproducts.com/page5.html

RB

Cold in Mass. wrote:
[...]

Joseph Meehan

You may want to check with a professional in your area. They are likely
to know good solutions for the area.

That said, I suggest multi-point source. In other words more than one
heat source, rather than central. You may also be a candidate for hot water
heat with a central source. I suggest a pro because they are likely to know
the tricks needed to put the system in without detracting from the look you
want and address the issues of that large high space. There is nothing like
being on site to help understand the situation and generate ideas for
solutions.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Cold in Mass." wrote in message
om...
[...]

Well.. they DO make high-pressure forced air systems, but they're
expensive, and probably beyond the typical DIYer.
Personally, I like forced air more than I dislike exposed ductwork,
but since you apparently differ, I'd say a hot water system
offers the most versatility..

If you go to www.burnham.com, and click on residential,
you can look at different types of baseboards heaters,
freestanding radiators, and air-convection systems
that can do double duty as AC.

Noisy new boiler when heating water only David Hearn UK diy 8 May 20th 04 07:44 PM
Hot Air Central Heating ron UK diy 6 January 17th 04 02:43 PM
No central heating - HW only threewayvalve and tank therm John UK diy 7 September 29th 03 09:18 AM
Pool water in central heating system Andy Hall UK diy 1 September 2nd 03 05:01 PM
Further to my last post entitled 'Flushing and treating central heating question' David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 July 29th 03 07:15 PM