Posted to alt.home.repair

Default String Trimmer Batteries

My wife gave me a Torx string (grass) trimmer, as a present. It came
with two, 20 volt battery packs. I now know that I can edge my house
several times. with but one charged battery.

I know that rechargeable batteries have a limited life - attributable
to the number of recharges and years of use. As I will never need to
ever use two packs, what should I do with the likely unused 2nd pack?
I am inclined to leave it uncharged, for _?_ years, until the initial
pack loses the capacity to edge my house.

Would storing that spare battery, in a "hermetically" sealed package
in our refrigerator (or freezer) be a preferred storage option?

Is rthere a different stategy, for the unused pack, that would be
more appropriate? I know that replacement battery packs are $$
expensive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 May 2015 18:27:27 -0600, Tony Hwang

My wife gave me a Torx string (grass) trimmer, as a present. It came
with two, 20 volt battery packs. I now know that I can edge my house
several times. with but one charged battery.

I know that rechargeable batteries have a limited life - attributable
to the number of recharges and years of use. As I will never need to
ever use two packs, what should I do with the likely unused 2nd pack?
I am inclined to leave it uncharged, for _?_ years, until the initial
pack loses the capacity to edge my house.

Would storing that spare battery, in a "hermetically" sealed package
in our refrigerator (or freezer) be a preferred storage option?

Is rthere a different stategy, for the unused pack, that would be
more appropriate? I know that replacement battery packs are $$
expensive.

Mine is B&D 20V Lithium one. Came with 2 batteries. I use them
alternatively. I fully charge them before storing in winter. They
sell rebuild kit for this battery pack on eBay I noticed.

Swap em would be my first guess too. I really don't know. It is the
same thing with cell phones. I don't use my cellphone much for
talking, but you still have to keep it charged.

What do you do? Leave it off the charger for a few days or plug it in
with a 90% charge every day.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Seymore4Head wrote:
[...]

I don't think Lithium batteries have memory like NiCads.
I recharge cell phone when low battery warning beeps.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 May 2015 20:43:58 -0400, Seymore4Head
wrote:

[...]

Same problem with laptops. I only use the laptop when I go out of town,
and I don't do that much.

I'm told Li laptop batteries run down even when taken out of the
battery.

Not only that, I'd like a new battery before I take a 3 month trip, but
if I buy it now, it will be old by the time I leave. If I wait until
just before I leave, they may not sell them anymore, or it will be old
anyhow because they made it last year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a..._ion_batteries
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,uk.rec.driving

Default His String Trimmer Batteries

wrote in message
My wife gave me a Torx string (grass) trimmer, as a present. It came
with two, 20 volt battery packs. I now know that I can edge my house
several times. with but one charged battery.

And, you live in a trashy trailer park, and sit outside on the "veranda"
guzzling cheap beer in a mustard-stained under****.
LOL

Oh, and yer wife's got a big space between her two front (buck) teeth!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 May 2015 10:10:05 -0400, Rowan Pope
wrote:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a..._ion_batteries

Also:

(Though IMO interesting since most of us have phones, I'm not sure how
much it applies to trimmers.)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...thy/ar-BBkmGl9

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a..._ion_batteries

Also:

(Though IMO interesting since most of us have phones, I'm not sure how
much it applies to trimmers.)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...thy/ar-BBkmGl9

I have an app for my cell phone so I can do weedwacking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2015 7:44 PM, micky wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...thy/ar-BBkmGl9

I have an app for my cell phone so I can do weedwacking.

I got the PC version, though it really eats
up mouse, with the mouse cord going around at
several hundred RPM to get the weeds. I don't
have the bump feed drivers for my PC weed
whacker, yet.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.talk.creationism,uk.rec.driving

"NEMO" wrote in message
On 5/31/2015 9:06 AM, Colon Edmud Burchese wrote:
wrote in message
My wife gave me a Torx string (grass) trimmer, as a present. It came
with two, 20 volt battery packs. I now know that I can edge my house
several times. with but one charged battery.

And, you live in a trashy trailer park, and sit outside on the "veranda"
guzzling cheap beer in a mustard-stained under****.
LOL

Oh, and yer wife's got a big space between her two front (buck) teeth!

YOU live in a ****ty trailer park next to Walmart and drink warm beer with
fried mudcat. I bet you've got more tattoos than teeth. And YOUR wife's
got a big space between his/her two back cheeks! LOLOK

That will be quite enough fantasizing about Your Colonel, you repressed
homosexual!
LOL