JB

Default wiring

I hope I'm not violating protocol by expressing my thanks for your

I finally noticed scorch marks on the light switch that controlled the
garage light (even though it worked). Opening the box (with the
breaker off this time!) I saw that the hot wires were connected at the
switch and had melted the back of it. I replaced the switch and the
entire circuit worked.

Thanks a lot. Your comments gave me an idea of the direction in which
to head.