Patrick

Default Thermocouple replaced now what?

Have replaced the thermocouple in my furnace, worked fine for a few
weeks but pilot still blows out once or twice a week. The furnace is
one of two and it is set to 58 at night and comes up to 65 in the
morning. I notice it is out always in the morning.

Thanks
Joseph Meehan

That sure sounds like the thermocouple. Clean everything and make sure
the pilot is adjusted properly and the thermocouple is in the flame.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Patrick" wrote in message
news
Have replaced the thermocouple in my furnace, worked fine for a few
weeks but pilot still blows out once or twice a week. The furnace is
one of two and it is set to 58 at night and comes up to 65 in the
morning. I notice it is out always in the morning.

Thanks

jim

Patrick wrote:

Have replaced the thermocouple in my furnace, worked fine for a few
weeks but pilot still blows out once or twice a week. The furnace is
one of two and it is set to 58 at night and comes up to 65 in the
morning. I notice it is out always in the morning.

Thanks

any time i had problems with a pilot light blowing out: i turned off the
flame, blew out the pilot and then took a brush(like a long skinny one
that is used to clean the refrigerator coils and gave the pilot area a
good sweeping... it removed the dirt/dust off the pilot and it seemed to
help give a bigger/better flame for the pilot.. relight and it would
stay on......
PoCambo

From: Patrick

Have replaced the thermocouple in my furnace, worked fine for a few
weeks but pilot still blows out once or twice a week.

Gas valve maybe going bad or the thermocouple not adjusted right.
Tony Hwang

From: Patrick

Have replaced the thermocouple in my furnace, worked fine for a few
weeks but pilot still blows out once or twice a week.

Gas valve maybe going bad or the thermocouple not adjusted right.

Hi,
Also you can tweak pilot flame size.
Tony

alt-hvac Moderated

Well, if it truly is "blowing out", then perhaps you should consider a
barometric damper in the flue.

--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

"Patrick" wrote in message
news Have replaced the thermocouple in my furnace, worked fine for a few
weeks but pilot still blows out once or twice a week. The furnace is
one of two and it is set to 58 at night and comes up to 65 in the
morning. I notice it is out always in the morning.

Thanks

HeatMan

Do what?

A barometric Damper? Those are used for gun style burners, not units with
standing pilots!

Cripes almighty, get a real job!

"Patrick" wrote in message
news Have replaced the thermocouple in my furnace, worked fine for a few
weeks but pilot still blows out once or twice a week. The furnace is
one of two and it is set to 58 at night and comes up to 65 in the
morning. I notice it is out always in the morning.

Thanks

Tekkie

alt-hvac Moderated posted for all of us....

modified test

Well, if it truly is "blowing out" my ass, then perhaps I should consider a
barometric probe in my flue.

--
Tekkie

CBhvac

"HeatMan" wrote in message
link.net...
Do what?

A barometric Damper? Those are used for gun style burners, not units with
standing pilots!

Cripes almighty, get a real job!

Actually, he needs to shut his pie hole about things that he has no clue
about.