New Honda HS1132TAS Snowblower engine problems

Old December 16th 03, 03:39 PM
Bryan

Default New Honda HS1132TAS Snowblower engine problems

I am experiencing some problems with my new 2003 Honda HS1132TAS (used
only 2 times).

It runs great for the first 20-30 minutes. Then it starts to run very
rough (as if the choke is on)...misfiring, engine slows, no power, and
lots of black smoke (enough to coat the snow on the exhaust side).
After letting it "rest" for several minutes, it will run great for
awhile longer...and then the cycle repeats.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems? Is this a problem with
the design of this model, or only my unit?

I've spoken with our Honda dealer (who is being terrific), and he said
that he has seen this problem on other Honda HS1132TAS snowblowers.
He said the problem may be that blowing snow is being sucked up into
the carburator and freezing. (Isn't this the exact condtions for
which a snowblower is designed)??? The dealer mentioned that Honda
has a "de-icer kit" available for this model...but if this is a common
problem, then why isn't this standard equipment?

I purchased the Honda thinking that they were "over-engineered", not
needing retrofits to make them work in the snow...

I tried calling Honda Customer Relations (770-497-6400), but they were
pretty much useless. He refused to answer any technical questions
replying only "work with your dealer". Obviously a different Customer
Relations group than Honda Automobiles (excellent support).

Despite my ramblings, my only questions a
1. Is this a design problem with this model (are others experiencing
the same problem).
-or-
2. Is this likely to be a problem with the unit I ended up with?
Old December 16th 03, 04:09 PM
Robert A. Barr

Despite my ramblings, my only questions a
1. Is this a design problem with this model (are others experiencing
the same problem).
-or-
2. Is this likely to be a problem with the unit I ended up with?

Ask he

http://www.whatsthebest-lawnmower.co...n/yabb/YaBB.pl

Just cut and paste your whole question -- no need to retype it.

Old December 16th 03, 04:56 PM
Stormin Mormonn

1. The dealer says there is a retrofit. Doesn't this imply that many others
have had the same problem? I can't imagine them making a retrofit kit for a
non existant problem.
2. From your descrip, it already IS a problem with the unit you have. Why do
you have to ask usenet readers if you already have a problem you are
describing very clearly? Do we know your particular machine?

You didn't ask how to solve the problem, so I won't advise you there.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

om...

Old December 16th 03, 07:17 PM
m Ransley

Truth is stormin does not know didly.
Make sure your choke is actualy opening, look inside the carb inlet
when its warm

Old December 16th 03, 10:35 PM
Robert A. Barr

Stormin Mormonn wrote:

1. The dealer says there is a retrofit.

He didn't say that.

Doesn't this imply that many others
have had the same problem? I can't imagine them making a retrofit ki

You didn't ask how to solve the problem, so I won't advise you there.

As if you could, you sanctimonious piece of trash.

Old December 16th 03, 11:05 PM
Stormin Mormonn

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...

I've spoken with our Honda dealer (who is being terrific), and he said
that he has seen this problem on other Honda HS1132TAS snowblowers.
He said the problem may be that blowing snow is being sucked up into
the carburator and freezing. (Isn't this the exact condtions for
which a snowblower is designed)??? The dealer mentioned that Honda
has a "de-icer kit" available for this model...but if this is a common
problem, then why isn't this standard equipment?

--

What part of "de-icer kit" don't you understand?
Christopher A. Young

Lidl tools Michael Mcneil UK diy 87 July 14th 04 11:00 PM
Servicing Honda lawnmower petrol engine Frank Stacey UK diy 3 March 19th 04 09:36 PM
'85 Toyota Truck - Engine Dilemma Ernie Leimkuhler Metalworking 33 September 25th 03 04:19 PM
Briggs & Stratton 5HP engine won't stay running Mistercmk Home Repair 17 September 23rd 03 08:11 PM