vimsme

Default Repairing Snowblower Drive Chain

The chain on my 35+ year old Yard Man Snowblower broke yesterday (luckily
when I was almost done getting rid of 14" of snow!). I went to the local
hardware store and they were clueless. I'm thinking that I should probably
just replace the chain, but can't find anyplace locally that carries #40
chain, which I think is a standard size.

2 questions - First, does anyone know of a source in the North Jersey area
or of a mail order source? Second, if I have to buy a length that's longer
than I need, how do I shorten it to the size I want?

Greg O

"vimsme" wrote in message
ink.net...
The chain on my 35+ year old Yard Man Snowblower broke yesterday (luckily
when I was almost done getting rid of 14" of snow!). I went to the local
hardware store and they were clueless. I'm thinking that I should

probably
just replace the chain, but can't find anyplace locally that carries #40
chain, which I think is a standard size.

Let your fingers do the walking through the yellow pages, look for listings
under bearings, belts, or industrial supply. You should be able to find #40
chain anywhere, it is a popular size.
Greg

Randd01

I agree with Greg all you need is a master link.