NovaTek MeterMatic Water Softener

Old November 24th 03, 06:11 PM
James

Default NovaTek MeterMatic Water Softener

It's using too much salt but I can't figure out how to set the
regeneration for 2 people...

I purchased a home with this water softener (circa 1994) and managed
to find the user manual for it online at:
http://www.usfwatergroup.com/pdf%20f...20Softener.pdf,
however the manual doesn't cleary indicate how to set the regeneration
for 2 people.

Does anyone know how the black dial on the left works? The manual
suggets that there are 2 independent settings that can be done with
the dial, but I only see one way to adjust it.

Thanks!
Old November 26th 03, 04:36 AM
Gary Slusser

"James" wrote
It's using too much salt but I can't figure out how to set the
regeneration for 2 people...

I purchased a home with this water softener (circa 1994) and managed
to find the user manual for it online at:

http://www.usfwatergroup.com/pdf%20f...20Softener.pdf,
however the manual doesn't cleary indicate how to set the regeneration
for 2 people.

Does anyone know how the black dial on the left works? The manual
suggets that there are 2 independent settings that can be done with
the dial, but I only see one way to adjust it.

Thanks!

I looked at the .pdf file but don't recall any dial. It was one for an
electronic timer.

Some dials, like those on Fleck, and I think Novatek used Fleck or Fleck
built their valves, there is a clear dial and then the black part behind
it; both rotate. You pull the clear dial out and rotate it while holding
the black part. If you're real good you can rotate both at once which
speeds up the process.

I just went to the WaterGroup's site and they are using Fleck valves. So
email them with your question or find a dealer in your area or look up
www.fleckcontrols.com and see if you can find a picture of your valve,
the nfind a Fleck dealer to come out and check out your softener and set
it up for your family's water use and water quality.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

Old November 26th 03, 11:11 AM
Bob Huckleby

Here's an online manual for a Fleck 5600. See if it matches yours.

http://www.fleckvalves.com/pdf/5600.pdf
Old November 26th 03, 11:11 AM
Bob Huckleby