j j

Default making hole in wall of brick house

I want to make a hole for a vent in the wall of a brick house.
On the inside I see wood planks, on the outside there's brick. I have no
idea if there's something in between.

is there anything I should be aware of, anything I could do wrong while
cutting the hole?
there are circular blade kits used for making these kinds of holes, that's
what I will use

Chris Lewis

According to j j :
I want to make a hole for a vent in the wall of a brick house.
On the inside I see wood planks, on the outside there's brick. I have no
idea if there's something in between.

is there anything I should be aware of, anything I could do wrong while
cutting the hole?
there are circular blade kits used for making these kinds of holes, that's
what I will use

Many pros use a ordinary carbaloy bit (say, 3/8 or 1/2") in a hammer drill
to drill a rough outline and a cold chisel to chip out the rest. Less
likelyhood of doing something bad. Costs less than renting a Hilti hole
drill.

In cinder block, I've most often seen electricians and the like simply
whacking away with a hand sledge.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

plastering Jon W UK diy 12 March 9th 04 12:13 AM
Building an internal wall - brick or stud? steve UK diy 6 July 24th 03 10:40 AM