mark Ransley

Default Kenmore washer

I have a Kenmore washer 70 series
model 22722100
serial C13904679
type 111
It was in the middle of a wash cycle nearing rinse when the area had a
blackout, when power was restored I tried to restart the machine , it
wouldnt. I can not get it to drain and go to rinse cycle, Ive tried 5
times even manualy draining and starting a new cycle. It runs through
wash , then wont drain or spin. The timer stops in the place the outage
ocured I beleive I smell something electrical burnt. Why would a
power outage cause it , a surge maybe. Other electronics were on and are
fine . Time for a repairman, or any ideas on how I can fix it . Its
2 yrs old. thanks

mark Ransley

/.

mark Ransley

help,,,,,,,,,,

Dan O.

mark Ransley wrote

I have a Kenmore washer 70 series
model 22722100

The full model looks to be 110.22722100

It was in the middle of a wash cycle nearing rinse when
the area had a blackout, when power was restored
I tried to restart the machine, it wouldn't. It runs through
wash, then wont drain or spin.

If it won't go into the drain and spin cycles, I would think the lid switch
should be checked to see if it is OK. It is not in the circuit during the
fill or wash cycles to it being defective wouldn't effect them. You can see
the lid switch asm. used on your model at the following link:

Whirlpool/Kenmore Washer Lid Switch
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc=547225

I beleive I smell something electrical burnt. Why would a
power outage cause it , a surge maybe.

If it was already a weak spot in the circuit, possibly.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Kenmore+washer

=Ð~~~~~~

mark Ransley

you mean mara **** hed

mark Ransley

Thanks Dan O , its funny an outage caused it.

mark Ransley

Thanks Dan

Dan O.

mark Ransley wrote

Dan O. wrote in message ...

The full model looks to be 110.22722100

It was in the middle of a wash cycle nearing rinse
when the area had a blackout, when power was
restored I tried to restart the machine, it wouldn't.
It runs through wash, then wont drain or spin.

If it won't go into the drain and spin cycles, I would
think the lid switch should be checked to see if it is
OK. It is not in the circuit during the fill or wash
cycles so it being defective wouldn't effect them. You
can see the lid switch asm. used on your model at the
following link:

Whirlpool/Kenmore Washer Lid Switch
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc=547225

I beleive I smell something electrical burnt. Why
would a power outage cause it , a surge maybe.

If it was already a weak spot in the circuit, possibly.

:mark Ransley wrote
:
: Thanks you were right the switch was totaly
: loose, Im an idiot not to have looked , but i
: dont know apliances thanks

Glad to hear it, thanks for the follow-up.

Dan O.
-