Shadow

Default Double throw lit reminder switch?

"Fred" wrote in message
Hi.

Does anyone know where one can buy a double throw 110 volt
toggle switch with a light built into it that can be attached to a loud
dehumidifier case to remind us when we have turned off the dehumidier by
lighting up and then it the light will go off when we turn it the
dehumidifier back on?

When someone is in the basement and gets a phone call, they will turn off
the loud dehumidifier, but forget to turn it back on.......

Fred

Take the phone out of the basement problem solved.

Gary Tait

Whereas On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:45:51 -0400, "Fred"
scribbled:
, I thus relpy:
Hi.

Does anyone know where one can buy a double throw 110 volt
toggle switch with a light built into it that can be attached to a loud
dehumidifier case to remind us when we have turned off the dehumidier by
lighting up and then it the light will go off when we turn it the
dehumidifier back on?

When someone is in the basement and gets a phone call, they will turn off
the loud dehumidifier, but forget to turn it back on.......

Fred

Why double throw? Where is this switch installed? Me, I'd take a neon
indicator, and connect it across the switch terminals. Another option
would be to take a SPDT (AKA 3-way switch), connect an indicator lamp
to one traveller screw, the de-humidifier to the other, an power to
the common.
--
Gary J. Tait . Email is at yahoo.com ; ID:classicsat

Ian Stirling

Shadow wrote:

"Fred" wrote in message
Hi.

Does anyone know where one can buy a double throw 110 volt
toggle switch with a light built into it that can be attached to a loud
dehumidifier case to remind us when we have turned off the dehumidier by
lighting up and then it the light will go off when we turn it the
dehumidifier back on?

When someone is in the basement and gets a phone call, they will turn off
the loud dehumidifier, but forget to turn it back on.......

Take the phone out of the basement problem solved.

Or put an extra momentary contact switch activated by the hung-up phone
to turn the dehumidifier on.
The timer is the easy way tho.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
Things a surgeon should never say:

Frogleg

"Fred" wrote

Does anyone know where one can buy a double throw 110 volt
toggle switch with a light built into it that can be attached to a loud
dehumidifier case to remind us when we have turned off the dehumidier by
lighting up and then it the light will go off when we turn it the
dehumidifier back on?

When someone is in the basement and gets a phone call, they will turn off
the loud dehumidifier, but forget to turn it back on.......

Post a sign beside the phone? As one professor told me "you can
idiot-proof, but no one can damned-idiot-proof." Surely it won't be
super-critical if no one notices for a few hours that the dehumidifier
is off. Cheaper to dope-slap the miscreants than install an elaborate
alarm. :-)