Dipu

Default Excessive lint coming out of dryer vent

Our dryer started spewing excessive amount of lint through the dryer
vent. The dryer is in the garage area and vents to the outside. The
vent tube is short and the vent is at the floor level. It is one of
those flexible aluminum pipes. The dryer and the pipes are only about
a year old. We clean the lint filter regularly and get the usual
amount of lint on that. Previously we had seen wisps of lint get
attached to the outer wall near the vent. For last couple of times, we
are getting cottonball sized chunks of lint on the outside.

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks.

-Dipu
Stoney

Dipu wrote:

Our dryer started spewing excessive amount of lint through the dryer
vent. The dryer is in the garage area and vents to the outside. The
vent tube is short and the vent is at the floor level. It is one of
those flexible aluminum pipes. The dryer and the pipes are only about
a year old. We clean the lint filter regularly and get the usual
amount of lint on that. Previously we had seen wisps of lint get
attached to the outer wall near the vent. For last couple of times, we
are getting cottonball sized chunks of lint on the outside.

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks.

-Dipu

Lint built up either in the dryer or in the duct and finally broke
free. Your duct may be restricting flow and that allows the lint to
collect easier. You can improve the flow by replacing the flex with
regular straight duct and elbows as needed. Tape the joints or use
clamps, don't use screws because they collect. Since yours is collecting,
you should inspect the inside of the dryer cavity that connects to the
pipe and vacuum that and the pipe out about once a year. You may have to
remove the back to do it well.

Stoney

"Dan O." wrote:

Dipu wrote:

Our dryer started spewing excessive amount of lint
through the dryer vent. The dryer is in the garage
area and vents to the outside. The vent tube is
short and the vent is at the floor level. It is one of
those flexible aluminum pipes. The dryer and the
pipes are only about a year old. We clean the lint
filter regularly and get the usual amount of lint on
that. Previously we had seen wisps of lint get
attached to the outer wall near the vent. For last
couple of times, we are getting cottonball sized
chunks of lint on the outside.

Any suggestions/comments?

Stoney wrote

Lint built up either in the dryer or in the duct and
finally broke free. Your duct may be restricting
flow and that allows the lint to collect easier.
You can improve the flow by replacing the flex with
regular straight duct and elbows as needed. Tape
the joints or use clamps, don't use screws because
they collect.

Since yours is collecting, you should inspect the
inside of the dryer cavity that connects to the
pipe and vacuum that and the pipe out about
once a year. You may have to remove the back
to do it well.

I agree, cleaning the inside of the dryer may be necessary and if there is
an excessive build-up there, the dryer may need to be serviced. A poorly
sealing drum or internal duct leaking could cause internal lint
accumulations.

JFYI. Many dryers nowadays are serviced from the front rather than the rear.

JMO

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Kenmore+dryer

=Ð~~~~~~

Dan,

Thanks for that info on servicing new dryers from the front. Our dryer
is like the Energizer Bunny. It just keeps going and going in about its
20th year so we did not notice they changed from servicing from the
back. Moving it out to get behind it is a pain.

Stoney