Mat and Suzy

Default Foundation holes

While clearing earth out from under my kitchen window (which juts out about
2 feet from the house in a bay), I noticed some holes in the top of the
foundation at ground level. There actually seems to be concrete blocks on
top of the foundation, and the outer layer stops one or two courses before
the wood for the window starts. Funny thing was, all along that line of
blocks were holes, at regular intervals. It's a little difficult to tell as
it has been covered in insulation, but I think the holes are just the holes
that come in the blocks, ie they have not been filled. We have had a few
problems with mice, so I fillied in the holes with wire wool and concrete.

Were the holes there for a purpose? Will I have done any harm in filling
them in? Is this where the mice could have got in?

TIA

Mat

Mat and Suzy

No the holes are larger than that...2" or more. Jim's answer seems to be
right, so I will stick with filling the suckers

Thanks

Mat
"jim" wrote in message ...
Mat and Suzy wrote:

[...]

if the holes are about 1/2 inch size then they might be where the
termite man drilled some holes into the footing so he could flood it
with termite treatment??????

Boring dog holes... Silvan Woodworking 5 November 4th 03 08:10 PM
The answer to the old debate of round vs square dog holes Layne Woodworking 1 September 15th 03 06:30 AM
Foundation holes jim Home Repair 0 August 14th 03 05:10 PM
screw holes in maple hardwood floor blue Woodworking 10 July 16th 03 08:18 PM