donald girod

Default Dehumidifier

Yes it produces heat--an amount equivalent to the wattage rating of the
unit. This will be in the neighborhood of 300 watts, so it is like running
a 300W heater more or less continuously (these babies don't shut off much in
the summer)

If you put it in the wall, it will warm up (and dry out) one half of the
basement more than the other. A lot of the drop in humidity that these
things produce is due to the rise in temperature. Generally you want as
much air circulation as possible. Still, putting it between rooms as you
suggest is probably better than putting it in one of the rooms and hoping
for natural circulation. Between the rooms it will tend to draw air into
the intake room from the discharge side.

"Ed Kaz" wrote in message
I have just purshased a kenmore 64 quart dehumidifier for my basement and
have a few questions.

1. Does dehumidifier produce heat?? (it was cool in the basement before
installation).

2. Can I install it in a wall. I have a wall that seperates the work area
from the kids play room. Does the back of this unit have to be in the same
room (filter on back)??

Thanks for any help.
Ed