Oneguy

Default Flooring question: parquet over linoleum

A flooring issue.

My house is old, built in 1908. Pier & beam. There is a very small
square hall with a door on each side leading to other rooms. It is
exactly 7 feet square. Under old carpet is very old linoleum, probably
containing of asbestos. I really don't want to mess with the linoleum or
have to scrap up ancient adhesive.

My questions:

1. Can a hardwood flooring material be applied directly over the old
linoleum?

2. I'm considering Bruce hardwood parquet squares. Any problem with
parquet? Is the Bruce product is a good choice?

3. The guy at Home Depot said all I have to do is rough up the linoleum,
skim the area to make it flat and even, apply adhesive and apply the
flooring. Is this an accurate description of what needs to be done.

4. How permanent are modern adhesives? I might want to change the
flooring at some point in the future.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

O.G.

(respond to the group, please)