jim

Default How to mount window air c

barry martin wrote:

Hi Mark!

M How to mount window air conditioner?
M I got a used AC and want to mount it, but the window sill is
M 4 inches and the AC is 17 inches thick. It will just fall out the
M window and that accordian wont hold it in, I know that's just to seal
M the hole. Do they sell some sort of brackets, or do I need to weld up
M some giant L brackets and screw then to the side of the house?
M This is a trailer house, so the walls and sills are even thinner than
M a regular house, but it would still fall out of the window no matter
M what kind of house, and the window frames are aluminum so I cant screw
M to them.

(No one has replied yet?!) Thery probably sell some sort of mounting
box at the trailer/mobile home business for a/c. Else you could make
a large shelf using wood, mount suitable L-brackets underneath for
support. The a/c should have come with a top bracket to support it
there - could rig up some sort of 2x4 across the top and across your
window molding.

I would also secure the a/c to the wall from the inside to prevent it
being ripped out, either by someone wanting to steal your a/c or o get
into your home.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Watch with whom you mess with. Everybody has a big brother.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *

where did you get this a/c unit.. when you buy one new it comes with the
brackets to install it to just about any window... if you bought it from
someone with out the brackets well: thieves sometimes just go outside a
house and push on the a/c unit until it falls out on the ground and then
take and put it in their grocery cart and go sell it.. they dont bother
checking for the brackets.....

Bricking up bodged window installation [email protected] UK diy 2 February 25th 04 04:13 PM
Sagging bay window - probable cause found? David Hearn UK diy 7 January 14th 04 03:21 PM
Flat Roof Side Window Gary Holt UK diy 1 October 6th 03 07:49 PM
Best way to Seal Gap at top of Window? Michael D UK diy 1 September 6th 03 10:24 PM
problem with velux window BigWallop UK diy 1 July 23rd 03 08:20 PM