Krystonia5

Default sliding glass door condensation?

During the winter I started noticing what looked like water droplets or other
signs of moisture inside my sliding glass door (it's a double pane door). I
noted that there was a small gap in the trim on the bottom outside of the door,
so i thought a bit of water may have gotten in. I decided to wait until
summer and hope it would all go away, and then seal up all the holes in the
trim on the outside.

It's been in the mid 90's the past few days, and today i noticed that the water
drops are getting bigger. How can there still be moisture inside, wouldn't
all the hot/cold cycles every day have gotten the moisture out eventually?
How can I eliminate this problem?

Any ideas?
thanks,
Bill
ameijers

"Krystonia5" wrote in message
During the winter I started noticing what looked like water droplets or

other
signs of moisture inside my sliding glass door (it's a double pane door).

noted that there was a small gap in the trim on the bottom outside of the

door,
so i thought a bit of water may have gotten in. I decided to wait until
summer and hope it would all go away, and then seal up all the holes in

the
trim on the outside.

It's been in the mid 90's the past few days, and today i noticed that the

water
drops are getting bigger. How can there still be moisture inside,

wouldn't
all the hot/cold cycles every day have gotten the moisture out eventually?
How can I eliminate this problem?

Your double-pane glass panel has lost its seal. Your choices are to live
with it, or replace the glass. There is no practical way to field-repair a
failed panel. The glass is a sealed sandwich BEFORE the door is assembled
around it. That gap you saw is NOT part of the glass seal- it is probably a
weep hole in the plastic surround that holds the glass in the aluminum
rails, to let condensation and rain infiltration leak out of them. If not a
weep hole, then simple shrinkage in cheap plastic after too many days in the
sun.

aem sends...

Joseph Meehan

There is no fix other than replacement of the glass.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math