Ryan

Default Any advancements in vinyl tile removal?

Starting work on our first home. Removed the carpet today, only to find
vinyl tile in a majority of the house. We do know that underneath the vinyl
is a nice, salvagable pine floor.

I have read about the different methods of removing vinyl tile, namely heat
gun / long scraper and/or dry ice. Apparently this is one of the "suckier"
jobs.

Have there been any new discoveries since these archived messages that I
read? Or, is heat combined with MUCH elbow grease still the best bet?

Thanks for your replies.

Ryan

Screwfix tile removal chisel again Peter UK diy 2 June 21st 04 04:04 AM
Screwfix Tile Cutter Rod Hewitt UK diy 5 October 28th 03 11:44 PM
Vinyl Tile "repair" Stephen Gower UK diy 1 July 14th 03 12:48 PM