Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - What happens when you tow a woman's car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-q6FfoYZg
I hope this link works. I saw on Facebook, and
found it on YT. She sure had an interesting
response to finding a tow truck hooked on.

Bravo to her!

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 19:33:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-q6FfoYZg
I hope this link works. I saw on Facebook, and
found it on YT. She sure had an interesting
response to finding a tow truck hooked on.

Bravo to her!

What do you mean "Bravo to her?" How do you know she didn't park where she shouldn't have. Now she probably will be facing
theft charges and who knows what else. I hope it costs her big time!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/27/2016 8:09 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 19:33:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-q6FfoYZg
I hope this link works. I saw on Facebook, and
found it on YT. She sure had an interesting
response to finding a tow truck hooked on.

Bravo to her!

What do you mean "Bravo to her?" How do you know she didn't park where she shouldn't have. Now she probably will be facing
theft charges and who knows what else. I hope it costs her big time!

Well, you do make a lot of sense. I better
think it out, again.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 7:33:44 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-q6FfoYZg
I hope this link works. I saw on Facebook, and
found it on YT. She sure had an interesting
response to finding a tow truck hooked on.

Bravo to her!

Do you not find it a little strange that the tow truck was in neutral?

Is it normal to leave a tow truck in neutral while hooking a car?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 18:25:06 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 7:33:44 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-q6FfoYZg
I hope this link works. I saw on Facebook, and
found it on YT. She sure had an interesting
response to finding a tow truck hooked on.

Bravo to her!

Do you not find it a little strange that the tow truck was in neutral?

Is it normal to leave a tow truck in neutral while hooking a car?

Dangerous enough to get a driver fired if caught.. Definitely
"staged"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/27/2016 07:25 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 7:33:44 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-q6FfoYZg
I hope this link works. I saw on Facebook, and
found it on YT. She sure had an interesting
response to finding a tow truck hooked on.

Bravo to her!

Do you not find it a little strange that the tow truck was in neutral?

Is it normal to leave a tow truck in neutral while hooking a car?

A phony YouTube video? Say it ain't so!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/27/2016 9:25 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 7:33:44 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-q6FfoYZg
I hope this link works. I saw on Facebook, and
found it on YT. She sure had an interesting
response to finding a tow truck hooked on.

Bravo to her!

Do you not find it a little strange that the tow truck was in neutral?

Is it normal to leave a tow truck in neutral while hooking a car?

The couple times I've been towed, the driver
pulled the diamond / square yellow air brake
handle.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/27/2016 9:25 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Do you not find it a little strange that the tow truck was in neutral?

Is it normal to leave a tow truck in neutral while hooking a car?

Yes, when you make a YouTube video. There are at least 3 or 4 shows on
TV based on this sort of thing. On one I watched some seemingly
incredible goings on happened, but they showed how it was all staged.

Hey, hold my beer . . .
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Do you not find it a little strange that the tow truck was in neutral?

Is it normal to leave a tow truck in neutral while hooking a car?

I don't get Stormy **** but I will comment about the tow truck.

The ones I used had PTO units. So if one was to use the cables or hydraulics
it had be running in neutral. We had line locks which locked up the front
brakes and rears were set and chocked.

Same in fire trucks; gotta get power from somewhere. In pump training school
there was always someone forgetting to disengage the transmission and if not
chocked would start moving. A big indication of this was when the engine
throttle moved away from your hand to bring the pump up to pressure.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 3:31:56 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Do you not find it a little strange that the tow truck was in neutral?

Is it normal to leave a tow truck in neutral while hooking a car?

I don't get Stormy **** but I will comment about the tow truck.

The ones I used had PTO units. So if one was to use the cables or hydraulics
it had be running in neutral. We had line locks which locked up the front
brakes and rears were set and chocked.

Same in fire trucks; gotta get power from somewhere. In pump training school
there was always someone forgetting to disengage the transmission and if not
chocked would start moving. A big indication of this was when the engine
throttle moved away from your hand to bring the pump up to pressure.

--
Tekkie

The question on the table is this:

Could a person climb into a hooked vehicle, drop it into gear and tow the
tow truck away as shown here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-q6FfoYZg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 15:31:55 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Do you not find it a little strange that the tow truck was in neutral?

Is it normal to leave a tow truck in neutral while hooking a car?

I don't get Stormy **** but I will comment about the tow truck.

The ones I used had PTO units. So if one was to use the cables or hydraulics
it had be running in neutral. We had line locks which locked up the front
brakes and rears were set and chocked.

Same in fire trucks; gotta get power from somewhere. In pump training school
there was always someone forgetting to disengage the transmission and if not
chocked would start moving. A big indication of this was when the engine
throttle moved away from your hand to bring the pump up to pressure.

With the vast majority today having automatics - in park - handbrake
on, and line lock engabed so all 4 wheel brakes are hydraulically
applied as well as the cable operated handbrake - AND in park
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 14:44:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Hey, hold my beer . . .

Sheesh. It was a front wheel drive car and the truck lifted the wrong
end. Golly gee. She drove away.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 13:14:12 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

[...]

If the truck was in neutral with the brakes off, most definitely!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 3:31:56 PM UTC-4, TekkieŽ wrote:
[...]

But *would it be* is the question.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 14:34:10 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

wrote:

[...]

Np, that WAS the question. The current question is "Could a person
climb into a hooked vehicle, drop it into gear and tow the tow truck
away as shown here?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/28/2016 5:00 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 14:44:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Hey, hold my beer . . .

Sheesh. It was a front wheel drive car and the truck lifted the wrong
end. Golly gee. She drove away.

Just like they did in rehearsal

Would you buy a used car from this woman rangerssuck Metalworking 124 November 14th 15 06:37 PM
Trying to convince a woman... Edmund J. Burke[_4_] Home Repair 0 August 4th 15 10:03 PM
You know it's bad when a white woman steals a black woman's purse - inchurch! Billy Graham Home Repair 0 August 15th 12 12:47 AM
A clueless woman ARWadsworth UK diy 26 January 27th 12 09:30 AM
If I was a woman George UK diy 4 August 14th 08 08:43 AM