Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Final touches on kitchen

We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/1/2015 9:09 PM, philo wrote:
We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Love the color she painted it.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 21:09:42 -0500, philo wrote:

We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Holy 1960s Batman. A pull down!
I haven't seen one of those since I threw away my bell bottoms ;-)

It did clean up nice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/01/2015 10:10 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/1/2015 9:09 PM, philo wrote:
We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Love the color she painted it.

It was brass and I shuddered when she said she was going to paint
it...but it just would not have gone with the kitchen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/02/2015 01:44 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 21:09:42 -0500, philo wrote:

We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Holy 1960s Batman. A pull down!
I haven't seen one of those since I threw away my bell bottoms ;-)

It did clean up nice.

It was just what the kitchen needed.

Sheesh, can't even remember how long ago it was when I had bell bottoms!

Retro seems to be back now...I see kids wearing retro-60's clothes and
laugh. The tie-dye shirts are mass-manufactured prints!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 9:09:49 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Fantastic job P Man. Congratulations! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Happy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/02/2015 05:01 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 9:09:49 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Fantastic job P Man. Congratulations! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Happy Monster

Thanks,

Once the chairs are done we can relax...
at least for an hour or so
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 04:32:34 -0500, philo wrote:

On 09/02/2015 01:44 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 21:09:42 -0500, philo wrote:

We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Holy 1960s Batman. A pull down!
I haven't seen one of those since I threw away my bell bottoms ;-)

It did clean up nice.

It was just what the kitchen needed.

Sheesh, can't even remember how long ago it was when I had bell bottoms!

Retro seems to be back now...I see kids wearing retro-60's clothes and
laugh. The tie-dye shirts are mass-manufactured prints!

I was actually looking for that ball with the cord winder for a lamp
in our rec room but I ended up making the whole thing myself.

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/pull%20down.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 22:10:54 -0500, Muggles wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Love the color she painted it.

It sure makes a nice contrast. Nice job on the light.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/1/2015 9:09 PM, philo wrote:
We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Love the color she painted it.

It was brass and I shuddered when she said she was going to paint
it...but it just would not have gone with the kitchen.

The wife is always right. lol

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Good job...

Normally I do everything half-assed and my wife insists on doing
everything right. This time, while I was re-wiring the lamp and fooling
with the retractor to get it working...my wife told me not to
bother...just leave it there for looks...once we get it up there will be
no need to raise and lower it
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/1/2015 9:09 PM, philo wrote:
We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Love the color she painted it.

It was brass and I shuddered when she said she was going to paint
it...but it just would not have gone with the kitchen.

The wife is always right. lol

Yep

when it comes to the kitchen, whatever she says...goes
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/02/2015 11:43 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 22:10:54 -0500, Muggles wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Love the color she painted it.

It sure makes a nice contrast. Nice job on the light.

Thanks...I'll relay your comment to my wife.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 14:02:16 -0500, philo wrote:

On 09/02/2015 11:43 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 22:10:54 -0500, Muggles wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Love the color she painted it.

It sure makes a nice contrast. Nice job on the light.

Thanks...I'll relay your comment to my wife.

Tell her I like Blueberry pie and ice cream.

Peach pie is even better
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 12:59:11 -0500, Muggles wrote:

It was brass and I shuddered when she said she was going to paint
it...but it just would not have gone with the kitchen.

The wife is always right. lol

Wanna bet? Brass lights may just need a polish and new wire...

Add a fancy glass globe to make it worthy.

I know stuff G

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 14:01:18 -0500, philo wrote:

Normally I do everything half-assed and my wife insists on doing
everything right.

Don't remind me. I found written instructions and video to reprogram a
remote key fob for one car. I need printer ink to print it out and no
way the play the video in the car while I do it.

Finally she is about to listen, When a wife opens her mouth the ears
stop working grin Men can never do things right!

I may have her convinced today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/02/2015 02:12 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 14:02:16 -0500, philo wrote:

On 09/02/2015 11:43 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 1 Sep 2015 22:10:54 -0500, Muggles wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Love the color she painted it.

It sure makes a nice contrast. Nice job on the light.

Thanks...I'll relay your comment to my wife.

Tell her I like Blueberry pie and ice cream.

Peach pie is even better

I had to cut out desserts a long time ago, but all the work on the house
has put me pretty much back in shape again.

I don't usually weigh myself, I just look at the belt loops and am no
longer on the very last one
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/02/2015 02:46 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 14:01:18 -0500, philo wrote:

Normally I do everything half-assed and my wife insists on doing
everything right.

Don't remind me. I found written instructions and video to reprogram a
remote key fob for one car. I need printer ink to print it out and no
way the play the video in the car while I do it.

Finally she is about to listen, When a wife opens her mouth the ears
stop working grin Men can never do things right!

I may have her convinced today.

Well. the fact that my wife did a ton of the work sure made it a better
situation.

Of course now with a proper kitchen she might cook more and I'll gain
the weight back I lost.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/02/2015 01:44 AM, wrote:
[...]

Very slick! Did the rope come ready made with the wire inside? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Slick Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 2:46:32 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 14:01:18 -0500, philo wrote:

Normally I do everything half-assed and my wife insists on doing
everything right.

Don't remind me. I found written instructions and video to reprogram a
remote key fob for one car. I need printer ink to print it out and no
way the play the video in the car while I do it.

Finally she is about to listen, When a wife opens her mouth the ears
stop working grin Men can never do things right!

I may have her convinced today.

That's probably why I never married. No, I'm not Gay, I like women as long as they're not making too much noise. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Happy Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/02/2015 10:03 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I like women as long as they're not making too much noise. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Happy Monster

If it wasn't for that little triangular patch of hair, there'd be a
bounty on them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/02/2015 09:03 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 2:46:32 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 14:01:18 -0500, philo wrote:

Normally I do everything half-assed and my wife insists on doing
everything right.

Don't remind me. I found written instructions and video to reprogram a
remote key fob for one car. I need printer ink to print it out and no
way the play the video in the car while I do it.

Finally she is about to listen, When a wife opens her mouth the ears
stop working grin Men can never do things right!

I may have her convinced today.

That's probably why I never married. No, I'm not Gay, I like women as long as they're not making too much noise. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Happy Monster

I was divorced by the age of 30 and did not get re-married until I was
60. Had plenty of time to think it over and make the right decision.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 9:53:39 PM UTC-5, jason wrote:
On 09/02/2015 10:03 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I like women as long as they're not making too much noise. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Happy Monster

If it wasn't for that little triangular patch of hair, there'd be a
bounty on them.

Have you been paying attention? They shave it all off these days. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Furry Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 10:37:39 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
[...]

Maybe I could find some young chick about 50 that I could stand for more than 10 minutes. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Misogynist Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/2/2015 2:33 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 12:59:11 -0500, Muggles wrote:

It was brass and I shuddered when she said she was going to paint
it...but it just would not have gone with the kitchen.

The wife is always right. lol

Wanna bet? Brass lights may just need a polish and new wire...

Add a fancy glass globe to make it worthy.

I know stuff G

I like brass, but that red paint job made it pop in that kitchen.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 18:57:05 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/pull%20down.jpg

Very slick! Did the rope come ready made with the wire inside? o_O

The center line is beige SJT cord.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/02/2015 09:43 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 9:53:39 PM UTC-5, jason wrote:
On 09/02/2015 10:03 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I like women as long as they're not making too much noise. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Happy Monster

If it wasn't for that little triangular patch of hair, there'd be a
bounty on them.

Have you been paying attention? They shave it all off these days. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Furry Monster

Can't speak for Jason but I'm old school. I imprinted on fur. I like the fur.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/pull%20down.jpg

Very slick! Did the rope come ready made with the wire inside? o_O

The center line is beige SJT cord.

Yep

Had to replace the frayed cloth-covered cord
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/1/2015 10:09 PM, philo wrote:
We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Nice job! Got before and after pix?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/03/2015 06:49 AM, Norminn wrote:
On 9/1/2015 10:09 PM, philo wrote:
We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

Nice job! Got before and after pix?

Just put the chairs in the kitchen so when the wife wakes up and comes
down for coffee it will be all complete.

Did not take a ton of photos but here are a few of the semi-completed
project

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q0ng9p327...nG-Zz72pa?dl=0

and here is one of wife working on it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs0l46gv6e...paper.JPG?dl=0

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/02/2015 11:10 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/2/2015 2:33 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 12:59:11 -0500, Muggles wrote:

It was brass and I shuddered when she said she was going to paint
it...but it just would not have gone with the kitchen.

The wife is always right. lol

Wanna bet? Brass lights may just need a polish and new wire...

Add a fancy glass globe to make it worthy.

I know stuff G

I like brass, but that red paint job made it pop in that kitchen.

I like brass too but the kitchen is either chrome or stainless steel.

Most items are black but the toaster and lamp are red so it goes well
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/03/2015 07:13 AM, philo wrote:

Did not take a ton of photos but here are a few of the semi-completed
project

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q0ng9p327...nG-Zz72pa?dl=0

After I posted, I added a "before" pix it shows me and my friend Carol
in the old kitchen

btw here is a photo of my wife when she is not in her work clothes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ta1a8efpt2...lleen.JPG?dl=0

She usually goes around "fancied up"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 7:24:47 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:

btw here is a photo of my wife when she is not in her work clothes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ta1a8efpt2...lleen.JPG?dl=0

She usually goes around "fancied up"

Do you think Colleen would approve of you posting her picture on the internet? (*_ *) ރ // \\

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 10:17:54 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 09/03/2015 09:02 AM, bob_villa wrote:

She usually goes around "fancied up"

Do you think Colleen would approve of you posting her picture on the internet? (*_ *) ރ // \\

She has no choice!

....or knowledge of it! ()

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/03/2015 11:57 AM, bob_villa wrote:
On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 10:17:54 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 09/03/2015 09:02 AM, bob_villa wrote:

She usually goes around "fancied up"

Do you think Colleen would approve of you posting her picture on the internet? (*_ *) ރ // \\

She has no choice!

...or knowledge of it! ()

She knows I post...ever since we first met I've always had a camera in
her face.

As a matter of fact she once sent a pix of me to a friend...and I was
eating like a slob.

Well, I alway eat like a slob but this one was especially bad...so bad I
was actually embarrassed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo posted for all of us...

We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

I like the color. You will be over when?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo posted for all of us...

On 09/03/2015 11:57 AM, bob_villa wrote:
On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 10:17:54 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 09/03/2015 09:02 AM, bob_villa wrote:

She usually goes around "fancied up"

Do you think Colleen would approve of you posting her picture on the internet? (?_ ?) ? // ? \\

She has no choice!

...or knowledge of it! (???)

She knows I post...ever since we first met I've always had a camera in
her face.

As a matter of fact she once sent a pix of me to a friend...and I was
eating like a slob.

Well, I alway eat like a slob but this one was especially bad...so bad I
was actually embarrassed.

We'll now get to work with Photo Slop. Think she'll like it?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/03/2015 02:52 PM, Tekkie wrote:

Well, I alway eat like a slob but this one was especially bad...so bad I
was actually embarrassed.

We'll now get to work with Photo Slop. Think she'll like it?

She knew what she was getting into.

On our first dinner date (20 years ago) when she got up to use the
ladies room I finished all the food on her plate.

I'm now 66 years old and have only gained maybe ten pounds since the day
I got out of the Army back in 1971.

I eat so much I should weight 400 pounds though.

My metabolism must be pretty high as I eat almost continuously (rarely
go more than a couple hours without eating) and if it gets much over 70
degrees need to take my shirt off
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/03/2015 02:43 PM, Tekkie wrote:
philo posted for all of us...

We found a "UFO" lamp cheap. We loved it but wife did not like color,
did not go with the kitchen so she repainted it and I re-wired. Photo of
complete lamp also shows one of the cornice's we built.

As soon as we put the chairs back together project will be complete.

Took exactly one month

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bcl432fut...n_y6iur6a?dl=0

I like the color. You will be over when?

Hopefully I will not be doing this again...
it was harder work than the job I retired from.