Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Global warming -- America's greatest threat!

On 11/23/2014 5:57 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/23/2014 11:34 AM, Harry K wrote:

One can ague (stupidly) that man is not causing

or even contributing to GW but it takes a real
certifiable moron to claim it is not happening

Harry K

Global warming is not happening.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

HA! Good one SM.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 23, 2014 3:57:47 PM UTC-8, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/23/2014 11:34 AM, Harry K wrote:

One can ague (stupidly) that man is not causing

or even contributing to GW but it takes a real
certifiable moron to claim it is not happening

Harry K

Global warming is not happening.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Thanks for proving my point.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 05:46:08 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

Me, I'm waiting to see which way the temp goes when it finally
breaks out of the 15 years sideways pattern.

Right, climate scientists don't know about cycles? Really? We're on
track for the hottest year in the last 100 or so.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 21:52:53 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Sunday, November 23, 2014 3:57:47 PM UTC-8, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/23/2014 11:34 AM, Harry K wrote:

One can ague (stupidly) that man is not causing

or even contributing to GW but it takes a real
certifiable moron to claim it is not happening

Harry K

Global warming is not happening.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Thanks for proving my point.

Harry K

There are two kinds of deniers. One claims that it really isn't
getting hotter. That's kind of stupid because we can measure that.
Then they just say that we're measuring different places.

The other says that it's just a normal cycle, as if people who spend
their lives working on climate don't know about cycles.

I've been called a conspiracy nut because I think that JFK was killed
by elements of our government and that 9/11 was allowed to happen. But
folks who believe that huge numbers of scientists are lying and the
governments of the world are working with them are what?

10 people can't keep a secret.

All I can say is that I hope that the deniers are right because
otherwise we are in really deep ****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Me, I'm waiting to see which way the temp goes when it finally
breaks out of the 15 years sideways pattern.

Right, climate scientists don't know about cycles? Really? We're on
track for the hottest year in the last 100 or so.

Never said or implied that they don't know about cycles. If they do know
all about cycles and the climate, why didn't they tell us 17 years ago that there
would be a pause in global warming and that the global temp would be going
sideways for the next 17 years? Did they do that? No. But now the
global warming proponents are all running around with one excuse after
another as to why the temp has been going sideways, instead of up. Now,
if they understand cycles and global warming, why is it that it's only
AFTER the fact, when temps have gone sideways for 17 years, that they
are now coming up with one "possible" reason after another to try to
explain it away?

In the 70s, the scientists were all convinced that we were entering a
period of global warming. Time ran a cover story about the coming ice
age. How did that work out?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In the 70s, the scientists were all convinced that we were entering a
period of global warming. Time ran a cover story about the coming ice
age. How did that work out?

I think you meant to say a period of global COOLING

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...pg=892,1415566

there is also a great twilight zone episode called "the midnight sun"
look it up

the man was a genius to foresee this hysteria

Mark
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Stormin Mormon:
Global warming is not happening.

That was tongue-in-cheek, right?
--
Pete Cresswell
Senior Member

It's been said that "weather" is the average of extremes.

Last winter we saw freezing rain in Georgia (of all places) that turned the roads and highways into skating rinks so that people had to abandon their cars on highways and seek shelter in truck stops and garages along the highways.

Last winter we saw an ice storm in Toronto that caused tree limbs to fall and take out electric power lines so that tens of thousands of people didn't have any electricity for weeks on end.

Last winter was the coldest winter on record for Winnipeg, Manitoba where I live.

This winter, so far, we've seen the area south of Buffalo receive over 6 feet of snow in a little over 24 hours in two separate snow falls.

From what I can see, the winters seem to be getting colder as of late, rather than warmer, and that just doesn't fit well with conventional theory that things should be getting warmer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It didn't work out at all as no climatologist ever bought into it. It was only the popular press that manufactured it. That's been known for some 40 odd years now. Did you just hear about it?

Harry K

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

"(PeteCresswell)" writes:

Per Stormin Mormon:
Global warming is not happening.

That was tongue-in-cheek, right?

No that's Storming Idiot.
If you wouldn't have replied to him, I would have
been spared another dose of idiocy.
Have pity on your fellow readers and tune up your kill file.

Thanks.
--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:40:49 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Stormin Mormon:
Global warming is not happening.

That was tongue-in-cheek, right?

_A complete list of things caused by global warming_

Black Hawk down?

Hedgehogs bald?

Giant oysters invade?

http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm

Really?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2014 12:52 AM, Harry K wrote:
On Sunday, November 23, 2014 3:57:47 PM UTC-8, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/23/2014 11:34 AM, Harry K wrote:

One can ague (stupidly) that man is not causing

or even contributing to GW but it takes a real
certifiable moron to claim it is not happening

Harry K

Global warming is not happening.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Thanks for proving my point.

Harry K

For you, buddy, any time. Hey, what point
was that?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2014 9:23 AM, dgk wrote:
There are two kinds of deniers. One claims that it really isn't
getting hotter. That's kind of stupid because we can measure that.
Then they just say that we're measuring different places.

The other says that it's just a normal cycle, as if people who spend
their lives working on climate don't know about cycles.

I've been called a conspiracy nut because I think that JFK was killed
by elements of our government and that 9/11 was allowed to happen. But
folks who believe that huge numbers of scientists are lying and the
governments of the world are working with them are what?

10 people can't keep a secret.

All I can say is that I hope that the deniers are right because
otherwise we are in really deep ****.

I'm the third kind.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2014 10:40 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Stormin Mormon:
Global warming is not happening.

That was tongue-in-cheek, right?

I'm the third kind of man-made
global warming denier.

And, yes, I completely deny man-
made global warming.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:02:48 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I completely deny man-made global warming.

But wait, there's more...

_Researchers disturbed by seal-on-penguin rape_

"WASHINGTON, Nov. 18 (UPI) -- Nature is a strange and cruel place. At
least that's the takeaway from recent evidence that fur seals are
sexually assaulting penguins on Marion Island, a sub-Antarctic island
where the two species often share the beaches.

In the latest issue of the journal Polar Biology, scientists reveal
the unusual sexual act (seal on top of penguin) has been observed more
than once -- several times, in fact. Researchers first witnessed the
disturbing phenomenon in 2006. They've since seen it happen three more
times."

http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2014...#ixzz3K0zkQbeI

"mate deprivation hypothesis" or man-made global warming?

Club a seal and save a penguin, I guess.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon writes:
On 11/24/2014 12:52 AM, Harry K wrote:
On Sunday, November 23, 2014 3:57:47 PM UTC-8, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/23/2014 11:34 AM, Harry K wrote:

One can ague (stupidly) that man is not causing
or even contributing to GW but it takes a real
certifiable moron to claim it is not happening

Harry K

Global warming is not happening.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Thanks for proving my point.

Harry K

For you, buddy, any time. Hey, what point
was that?

That you are a certified Moroni, to be exact. One would
expect the root word to be moron.
Senior Member

Regardless of whether global warming exists, it seems to me that by our blowing millions of tons of carbon dioxide into the atmostphere every day with our car's tail pipes, that increased level of carbon dioxide SHOULD manifest itself in some way.

One would expect that the result of engine exhaust fumes would be more CO2 dissolving in the waters of our oceans, lakes and rivers. Algae are green because they survive by creating their own food energy by photosynthesis. If there's more CO2 in our air and waters, one would expect large algae blooms as algae absorb more CO2 and H2O and sunlight and combine them to produce sugar. The more food there is in the environment for the algae, the more algae we would expect to see.

But, I really haven't heard of large algae blooms being a problem anywhere.

Whenever we hear of large algae blooms, the finger is always pointed at phosphorus enrichment in the water from fertilizer runoff from agricultural land (farms, mostly), never as a result of increase CO2 levels in our air and water. Is there a reason why we're not seeing huge algae blooms in our oceans as a result of the increased level of CO2 in our atmosphere (and presumably rivers, lakes and oceans?

Last edited by nestork : November 24th 14 at 09:17 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 21:12:49 +0100, nestork
wrote:

Regardless of whether global warming exists, it seems to me that by our
blowing millions of tons of carbon dioxide into the atmostphere every
day with our car's tail pipes, that increased level of carbon dioxide
SHOULD manifest itself in some way.

- Clean Air Act (United States)

(Democrat) LBJ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_Air_Act_%28United_States%29

-United States Environmental Protection Agency

(Republican)

The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on
December 2, 1970, after Nixon signed an executive order. The order
establishing the EPA was ratified by committee hearings in the House
and Senate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Environmental_Protection_Agency#Hist ory

If you listen only to the liberal environmentalists groups, thinking
conservatives hate the earth, you would be wrong in thinking that.

Shish. I stopped dumping used vehicle oil on the ground 40 years ago.

Our Earth still needs termites though
Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork writes:

[...]

Nestork,

Why do you think this is on topic in AHR?

Personally, I have very little interest in your ignorance.

Algae blooms are on the rise,
oceans take up minimal amounts of C02 (26%),
and they take up less when the water warms up
and they take up less after absorbing C02.

Please, stick to home repair.

--
Dan Espen

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren[_2_] View Post
I stopped dumping used vehicle oil on the ground 40 years ago.
Yeah, me too.
Now I just wait until it gets dark and dump it in the river.

Last edited by nestork : November 24th 14 at 11:14 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:31:30 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

Why do you think this is on topic in AHR?

Personally, I have very little interest in your ignorance.

Quit your bitchin', cry baby.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 12:51:28 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

If you wouldn't have replied to him, I would have
been spared another dose of idiocy.

Cry baby!

Have pity on your fellow readers and tune up your kill file.

Pity? What a dumb ass. I pity no one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:36:36 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:40:49 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Stormin Mormon:
Global warming is not happening.

That was tongue-in-cheek, right?

_A complete list of things caused by global warming_

Black Hawk down?

Hedgehogs bald?

Giant oysters invade?

http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm

Really?

I'm surprised Obummer hasn't blamed global warming for causing Bush!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:31:30 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

snipped

Why do you think this is on topic in AHR?

Personally, I have very little interest in your ignorance.

And I yours.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2014 5:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:31:30 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

snipped

Why do you think this is on topic in AHR?

Personally, I have very little interest in your ignorance.

And I yours.

I think we need a government grant
to study this.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per nestork:
From what I can see, the winters seem to be getting colder as of late,
rather than warmer, and that just doesn't fit well with conventional
theory that things should be getting warmer.

I think it's more a matter of average global temperature/heat than any
particular local experience.

Doesn't seem like that much of a stretch for warming-induced disruptions
to cause the jet stream (whatever *that* is.... but it seems to affect
our winters a lot) to sag south - and the jet stream sagging South
appears to correlate with much of our wintry weather here in
Southeastern Pennsylvania.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Zak W:
Here's something I found on Yahoo.

Ask yourself:

- Who wrote the piece you are so easily taking to heart?

- Who funds whoever wrote the piece?

- What are the interests of those who are doing the funding?

I have no clue what the answers are in this case... but before I took
something so important seriously, I would want those questions (and
other questions... but at the very least those three) answered.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Stormin Mormon:
And, yes, I completely deny man-
made global warming.

Are you saying that you do not believe that the earth is getting warmer?
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2014 7:56 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Stormin Mormon:
And, yes, I completely deny man-
made global warming.

Are you saying that you do not believe that the earth is getting warmer?

Your reading comprehension failed.

Either that or you're an inflamatory
troll. Your question does not adress
my statement.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (PeteCresswell) View Post
Doesn't seem like that much of a stretch for warming-induced disruptions
to cause the jet stream (whatever *that* is.... but it seems to affect
our winters a lot) to sag south - and the jet stream sagging South
appears to correlate with much of our wintry weather here in
Southeastern Pennsylvania.
Pete Cresswell
I understand the "jet stream" to be a current of air high in atmosphere, similar to the North Atlantic current in the Atlantic Ocean. Apparantly, this air current is very strong and very fast, with the wind blowing at two hundred miles per hour or better.

But, why it would be displaced south as a result of global warming, and why that jet stream would bring colder weather at ground level is stuff I don't know and my expectation is that no one knows those things. If they did, the weathermen would be educating us about what's happening and why, but they don't seem to know anything about it.

It just goes to show that we have the potential to upset the delicate balance that is the climate of this planet without knowing where it will end up. So far as I know, no climatologists were forecasting that global warming would have any effect on the jet stream until movement of the jet stream further south during the winter became apparant. Then they made a connection, but that's hardly reassuring to those of us that presumed they knew what they're talking about when they forecast global warming. They seem to be as much spectators in this global warming spectacle as the rest of us.

Last edited by nestork : November 25th 14 at 05:02 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, November 24, 2014 7:56:34 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Stormin Mormon:
And, yes, I completely deny man-
made global warming.

Are you saying that you do not believe that the earth is getting warmer?
--
Pete Cresswell

It hasn't gotten warmer for the last 17 years. The global average
temperature has been going sideways. Look at a graph and you'll see
that's the conclusions a reasonable person would come to.
Haven't you seen the global warming proponents all scrambling with
various explanations of why that might be? And note that if they know
so much, have such accurate models, etc, why is it that they are now
scrambling to put together various explanations, instead of telling us
10 or 15 years ago that global temp would be about the same for the
next two decades?

Typical alarmist headline is like the recent "warmest Oct on record".
Yeah, by a whopping .02 degrees. I'd say that's likely within the
error range and even if it isn't, if you looked at the actual numbers,
they have likely added more observation points over the last 20 years,
then massaged the data
to "blend" it all in. Of course they claim they do that in an unbiased
fashion, but we all know how that works.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:00:28 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 11/24/2014 9:23 AM, dgk wrote:
There are two kinds of deniers. One claims that it really isn't
getting hotter. That's kind of stupid because we can measure that.
Then they just say that we're measuring different places.

The other says that it's just a normal cycle, as if people who spend
their lives working on climate don't know about cycles.

I've been called a conspiracy nut because I think that JFK was killed
by elements of our government and that 9/11 was allowed to happen. But
folks who believe that huge numbers of scientists are lying and the
governments of the world are working with them are what?

10 people can't keep a secret.

All I can say is that I hope that the deniers are right because
otherwise we are in really deep ****.

I'm the third kind.

What kind of crap is that? Do you believe that the earth is getting
warmer or not? Do you believe that human activity is at least part of
the reason?

I don't believe that the vast majority of scientists lie. I have
respect for scientists.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Stormin Mormon:
Your reading comprehension failed.

Either that or you're an inflamatory
troll. Your question does not adress
my statement.

Mea Culpa: I missed the "Man-Made" part.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2014 9:25 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Stormin Mormon:
Your reading comprehension failed.

Either that or you're an inflamatory
troll. Your question does not adress
my statement.

Mea Culpa: I missed the "Man-Made" part.

No worries, mate. Easy to miss details
like that.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 05:07:13 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

Such ****.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrum...d_(NCADAC).png
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:28:27 -0600, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:36:36 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:40:49 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Stormin Mormon:
Global warming is not happening.

That was tongue-in-cheek, right?

_A complete list of things caused by global warming_

Black Hawk down?

Hedgehogs bald?

Giant oysters invade?

http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm

Really?

I'm surprised Obummer hasn't blamed global warming for causing Bush!

Well, we still have two more years of pain, misery, and agony for it
to happen.