Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Testing LED Xmas lights.

I have one of those animated outdoor reindeers that use LED lights. It
was a fairly costly deer, so I want to fix it. I brought it indoors to
fix. Half the lights quit working during the holidays. I decided that
now is the time to fix it, since it's too cold to do anything else
anyhow. But they are wired in series, just like the old incandescent
xmas lights. The old bulbs could be tested with a battery and a socket
taken from a junked string, but it's not sdo easy with the LEDs. I know
a resistor is needed in series. Even more odd, is the fact that while
the string dont light up, if I look real closely in a dark room, there
is a very faint glow, and each bulb appears to have to have that glow.

Anyone have any ideas or tips for fixing this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormy is right. I use a sharp pin to puncture the insulation.

920,000 xmas lights and still going [email protected] Home Repair 18 November 2nd 12 12:36 AM
Xmas lights geoff UK diy 6 November 1st 10 11:12 AM
LED Xmas lights Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 9 December 24th 08 05:52 PM
outdoor xmas lights [email protected] UK diy 20 December 9th 05 02:17 PM
LED Xmas lights Steve Kraus Home Repair 68 December 5th 05 11:00 PM