Chair goes too far back

Old June 4th 13, 06:54 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chair goes too far back

I have a chair for my outdoor table on the deck that has all of sudden
decided to go back WAY too far and nearly tips over. Any suggestions on
how to either fix it or McGyver something so it won't kill people?
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Old June 4th 13, 08:20 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 4, 12:54*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
I have a chair for my outdoor table on the deck that has all of sudden
decided to go back WAY too far and nearly tips over. Any suggestions on
how to either fix it or McGyver something so it won't kill people?

Just imagine how much more help we could be if we had even the
slightest inkling as to what type of chair you are talking about.

"a chair for my outdoor table on the deck" doesn't give us a lot to
work with.

Old June 4th 13, 09:40 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 11:20:36 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Jun 4, 12:54*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
I have a chair for my outdoor table on the deck that has all of sudden
decided to go back WAY too far and nearly tips over. Any suggestions on
how to either fix it or McGyver something so it won't kill people?

Just imagine how much more help we could be if we had even the
slightest inkling as to what type of chair you are talking about.

"a chair for my outdoor table on the deck" doesn't give us a lot to
work with.

Like some things here, we need a make and model number:-\
Old June 4th 13, 11:34 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Jun 4, 12:54*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
I have a chair for my outdoor table on the deck that has all of sudden
decided to go back WAY too far and nearly tips over. Any suggestions on
how to either fix it or McGyver something so it won't kill people?

Just imagine how much more help we could be if we had even the
slightest inkling as to what type of chair you are talking about.

"a chair for my outdoor table on the deck" doesn't give us a lot to
work with.

Like some things here, we need a make and model number:-\

It is just a generic chair for an outside table. When you lean back it
keeps going over. I can't find either.
This is what it looks like. The ones with the round bases.
http://www.doitbest.com/Patio+sets-D...doitbest-sku-8
00281.dib
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Old June 5th 13, 12:02 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/04/2013 11:20 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jun 4, 12:54 pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
I have a chair for my outdoor table on the deck that has all of sudden
decided to go back WAY too far and nearly tips over. Any suggestions on
how to either fix it or McGyver something so it won't kill people?

Just imagine how much more help we could be if we had even the
slightest inkling as to what type of chair you are talking about.

"a chair for my outdoor table on the deck" doesn't give us a lot to
work with.

My guess is that it is a reclining chair, which is now reclining too
far, to the point that it is wanting to tip backwards. In such a
scenario, one would first have to ascertain the specific reclining
mechanism (like a spring lever), then find out why it's behavior is
different now than it was before (ie, what broke).

Jon

Old June 5th 13, 12:05 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 17:34:45 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

It is just a generic chair for an outside table. When you lean back it
keeps going over. I can't find either.
This is what it looks like. The ones with the round bases.

Link fixed:

http://www.doitbest.com/Patio+sets-Do+it+Best-model-A-7A06-doitbest-sku-800281.dib

Check under the seat. Ensure the seat is fastened to the swivel base.
Old June 5th 13, 12:13 AM posted to alt.home.repair

We need photos. Too many different types of chairs.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..

Old June 5th 13, 12:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Never worked on one of those. Wish I could offer more.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..

http://www.doitbest.com/Patio+sets-D...sku-800281.dib

the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Old June 5th 13, 12:15 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It is just a generic chair for an outside table. When you lean back it
keeps going over. I can't find either.
This is what it looks like. The ones with the round bases.

Link fixed:

http://www.doitbest.com/Patio+sets-Do+it+Best-model-A-7A06-doitbest-s...

Check under the seat. Ensure the seat is fastened to the swivel base.

Do you have an identical but non-tipping chair?? Compare the mounting
differences.
Old June 5th 13, 03:04 AM posted to alt.home.repair

In m,
Kurt Ullman belched:

wrote:

On Jun 4, 12:54 pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
I have a chair for my outdoor table on the deck that has all of
sudden decided to go back WAY too far and nearly tips over. Any
suggestions on how to either fix it or McGyver something so it
won't kill people?

Just imagine how much more help we could be if we had even the
slightest inkling as to what type of chair you are talking about.

"a chair for my outdoor table on the deck" doesn't give us a lot to
work with.

Like some things here, we need a make and model number:-\

It is just a generic chair for an outside table. When you lean back it
keeps going over. I can't find either.
This is what it looks like. The ones with the round bases.
http://www.doitbest.com/Patio+sets-D...doitbest-sku-8
00281.dib

I assume it's a swivel base?
If so, the only thing I can think of is the base(post) on the chair is
improperly mounted.
Try removing it and turning it around, it should change the center of the
chair and eliminate the tipping.
If not, get new chairsg