Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default The Second Amendment Under Fi The Uses of History and the Politics of Gun Control

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 20:08:21 -0500, Citizen wrote:

Ashton Crusher wrote:

I'm a gun owner, but I think we need to replace the 2nd, with a
more modern version

Oh yes, we also need to do the same for the First Amendment.
It's way over 200 years old and needs to be replaced.

If you were able to get an opinion from many/most/all Americans, today
(in 2013), if they had to choose between having the right to own/use a
gun, vs the right to own/use a car, which one would they choose today to
enshrine as a constitutional right?

Keeping in mind that what-ever they chose (the car or the gun), the one
that they didn't choose, while not being a right, would not necessarily
be taken immediately away from them by gov't and potentially or probably
never taken away from them for the foreseeable future.

What if you were to ask Americans if they felt that it was more
important to have the constitutional right to own/use guns, vs a
constitutional right to:

- conduct commerce anonymously
- travel anonymously within the country
- communicate anonymously to others within the country

What would they say?

Is it really wise to be so focused on personal firearms, when other more
common aspects of life are being made open to recording and examimation,
approval and even abuse without legal recourse by the gov't?

It's wise to focus on WHATEVER freedom/right the gvt is actively
trying to take away from us. Since they are not currently trying to
take away my car I will continue to focus on the gun issue. When they
make moves to take away my car I'll focus on that. And FYI, we here
in AZ will soon start focusing on their attempts to sell us toll roads
after they stole $1.4 billion from our highway tax fund.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Ashton Crusher wrote:

[...]

Look to Texas where the toll road game has been going on for years to the
point where Gov Good Hair tried to sell a *big* deal to his out of the
country big money friends.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 18:12:48 -0600, "NotMe" wrote:

.. .

Ashton Crusher wrote:

[...]

Yeah, the industry here has paid for the services of several connected
people to try and grease the dildo they want to shove in us.