DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   how to replace a oil tank gauge (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/349344-how-replace-oil-tank-gauge.html)

[email protected] November 19th 12 11:38 PM

how to replace a oil tank gauge

my oil tank have a gauge and its broken, can any one help me how to replace it

gregz November 20th 12 05:53 AM

wrote:
my oil tank have a gauge and its broken, can any one help me how to replace it

I used a stick and inch chart.

Greg

Harry K[_2_] November 20th 12 06:49 AM

On Nov 19, 2:38*pm, wrote:
my oil tank have a gauge and its broken, can any one help me how to replace it

My tank didn't hae one, I asked the fuel oil company for one - no
charge. It is nothing but a fload on a long arm dangling under the
guage, Screw it out, screw it back in, done.

Harry K

harry November 20th 12 09:57 AM

On Nov 19, 10:38*pm, wrote:
my oil tank have a gauge and its broken, can any one help me how to replace it

There are many different sorts of oil gauge.
More information needed.

[email protected] November 20th 12 11:06 PM

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:38:48 -0800 (PST), wrote:

my oil tank have a gauge and its broken, can any one help me how to replace it

If it's a standard tank, the gauge just screws into the tank. The base
of the gauge unscrews with a pipe wrench.

CRNG November 21st 12 11:41 AM

http://www.ehow.com/how_7643438_repl...-oil-tank.html