Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HONEYWELL VISION PRO 8000 BATTERY CHANGE

The batteries in my Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 are weak and the low battery
warning is flashing. When I change them (3-AAA), will I lose all the
programming, or only the date & time ??? The manual states nothing about this.
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron in NY wrote:
The batteries in my Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 are weak and the low battery
warning is flashing. When I change them (3-AAA), will I lose all the
programming, or only the date & time ??? The manual states nothing about this.
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Do you have an option ?

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair
DA DA is offline

responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ge-704202-.htm
DA wrote:
Ron in NY wrote:

The batteries in my Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 are weak and the low
battery
warning is flashing. When I change them (3-AAA), will I lose all the
programming, or only the date & time ??? The manual states nothing
about this.
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

They use specialized time keeping chips in these things that have a memory
storage and their own backup battery (good for at least 10 years). I don't
know specifics of the Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 t-stat internal circuitry
but the manual does say "real-time clock" which, incidentally, "keeps time
during power failures ..." and that usually means a real-time chip like
the Dallas DS1287, which is a self-contained part with its own battery
onboard is used.

So, go ahead and change it. As gregz pointed out in an earlier reply, your
choices are rather limited anyway. But I think you will be just fine.

-------------------------------------
/_/
((@v@)) NIGHT
()::) OWL
VV-VV

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:09:17 PM UTC-7, Ron in NY wrote:
The batteries in my Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 are weak and the low battery
warning is flashing. When I change them (3-AAA), will I lose all the
programming, or only the date & time ??? The manual states nothing about this.
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

You will probably have about sixty seconds to remove and replace the batteries before you loose it all, but I can't say for sure for the particular model you have.