Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Sorta - Woodpeckers:

Woodpeckers are either very dumb or very devious.

By the time the sound travels from their beak, through the aluminum
gutters and into the structure of our house it sounds like a machine
gun. Will jolt a beer right out of you hand.

@^%$!& little *******s!

RonB ;O)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/16/2012 10:40 AM, RonB wrote:
Woodpeckers are either very dumb or very devious.

By the time the sound travels from their beak, through the aluminum
gutters and into the structure of our house it sounds like a machine
gun. Will jolt a beer right out of you hand.

@^%$!& little *******s!

RonB ;O)

It helps to switch to Jack Daniels.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi Rob~ you are lucky for your woodpecker to start at 10
Ours is up and pecking by 5:30AM.
I agree about the echoing of the pecking; I haven't set my
alarm clock in week
Robes, I feel your pain
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 07:40:02 -0700 (PDT), RonB wrote:

Woodpeckers are either very dumb or very devious.

By the time the sound travels from their beak, through the aluminum
gutters and into the structure of our house it sounds like a machine
gun. Will jolt a beer right out of you hand.

@^%$!& little *******s!

RonB ;O)

We had flickers, a type of woodpecker, building nests in the cedar siding.
They were always on the side that faced northeast and nothing deterred
them, even a fresh coat of stain. Come home from work and there was Ms.
Flicker sitting in a hole in the siding with the insulsation used as
nesting material. I did blast a couple of them with a 12 gauge although
the 1st time I tried it, the blast tore the hell out of the soffuts and
gutter. Finally covered the northeast side with a stone veneer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"RonB" wrote in message

Woodpeckers are either very dumb or very devious.

By the time the sound travels from their beak, through the aluminum
gutters and into the structure of our house it sounds like a machine
gun. Will jolt a beer right out of you hand.

Woodpeckers peck for three reasons
-- to excavate food
-- to excavate nesting cavities
-- to drum, to advertise their territory.
Most of these birds have discovered metal structures (e.g.
barn roofs) are better for #3 i.e. make a louder noise.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 11:40:08 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

On 6/16/2012 10:40 AM, RonB wrote:
Woodpeckers are either very dumb or very devious.

By the time the sound travels from their beak, through the aluminum
gutters and into the structure of our house it sounds like a machine
gun. Will jolt a beer right out of you hand.

@^%$!& little *******s!

RonB ;O)

It helps to switch to Jack Daniels.

Be careful, over indulgence in Jack Daniel whiskey can make you go to
work on your day off. Makes women look like Cinderella at closing
time.

Moderation is called for, but a damn wonderful whiskey :-\

Next morning:

"Who the hell are you?!!"

"I don't know this morning, but last night I was the Yellow Rose of
Texas!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
"RonB" wrote in message

Woodpeckers are either very dumb or very devious.

By the time the sound travels from their beak, through the aluminum
gutters and into the structure of our house it sounds like a machine
gun. Will jolt a beer right out of you hand.

Woodpeckers peck for three reasons
-- to excavate food
-- to excavate nesting cavities
-- to drum, to advertise their territory.
Most of these birds have discovered metal structures (e.g.
barn roofs) are better for #3 i.e. make a louder noise.

We had a Woodpecker at our cabin in the backwoods of Wisconsin.
Discovered that the steel perpendicular holding the TV antenna and cell
phone repeater to be a wonderful "sounding board"..
Punctual as a Drill Sergeant, he went to work at 0530 every morning to
announce "wake-up"..

Sadly, he's not been around this year.
I found myself missing him..

Posted to alt.home.repair

We had flickers, a type of woodpecker, building nests in the cedar siding.
They were always on the side that faced northeast and nothing deterred

They love the east side of my cedar house for nesting. It's the most
secluded side. Just be careful shooting them (other than hitting the
house ). They are a federal protected bird, but you can get
nuisance permits to eliminate them.

Woodpeckers Kurt Ullman Home Repair 24 October 17th 11 01:05 PM
Woodpeckers? Mark & Juanita Woodworking 54 January 17th 09 02:05 AM
Woodpeckers [email protected] Home Repair 2 August 10th 07 03:55 AM
Putting in a Window (sorta OT, but only sorta) FunkySpaceCowboy Woodworking 0 November 15th 05 03:58 PM
Finnform from Woodpeckers Never Enough Money Woodworking 4 May 2nd 05 04:52 PM