Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning Coleman Stove

I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? What cleaner or solvent will
get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated
all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., grate, burners,
regulator, etc)?

Posted to alt.home.repair

gary wrote in :

I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? What cleaner or solvent will
get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated
all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., grate, burners,
regulator, etc)?

"Gunk" auto-parts cleaner. Available at any auto parts place.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=gunk&oq=gunk&aq=f&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_l=hp.12..0l4 .600.1303.0.840973.4.4.0.0.0.0.169.458.2j2.4.0...0 .0.dVFjZAnLMH8&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,c f.osb&fp=7e31dd1cd0ae5982&biw=2560&bih=1294

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
gary wrote:
I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? What cleaner or solvent will
get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated
all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., grate, burners,
regulator, etc)?

Here's what Coleman says:

http://coleman.custhelp.com/app/answ...VHRQSUUxWms%3D

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 May 2012 16:21:25 -0700 (PDT), gary
wrote:

I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? What cleaner or solvent will
get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated
all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., grate, burners,
regulator, etc)?

Hot soap and water, to start.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 25, 8:46*pm, (Larry W) wrote:
In article ,

http://coleman.custhelp.com/app/answ...kw/cleaning/se...

--
When the game is over, the pawn and the king are returned to the same box..

* * *Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland - lwasserm(a)sdf. lonestar.org

I have ccasionally put things like this in the dishwasher

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? *What cleaner or solvent will
get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated
all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., *grate, burners,
regulator, etc)?

Hot soap and water, to start.

+1...

Making the soap and water mixture you attempt to use warmer
will often help loosen stuck on grease... Depending on how bad
the build up is you can try an environmentally safe grease cutter
like Simple Green as well...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"gary" wrote in message
I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? What cleaner or solvent will
get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated
all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., grate, burners,
regulator, etc)?

Back when we'd find a big ant nest. Took a while but eventually 99% would
come off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 25, 6:21*pm, gary wrote:
I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? *What cleaner or solvent will
get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated
all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., *grate, burners,
regulator, etc)?

Easy-Off oven cleaner
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 25, 9:38*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On May 25, 6:21*pm, gary wrote:

I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? *What cleaner or solvent will
get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated
all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., *grate, burners,
regulator, etc)?

Easy-Off oven cleaner

From the Coleman website...

" We strongly suggest you do not use oven cleaner. Oven cleaner can
remove the paint and aluminized coating from the metal of the stove
and discolor or rust the steel."
Posted to alt.home.repair

My first thought is oven cleaner. Outdoors, and then rinse it with the
garden hose. Dry completely. Maybe turn the stove on end, leave it open till
it dries.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"gary" wrote in message
I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? What cleaner or solvent will
get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated
all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., grate, burners,
regulator, etc)?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Friday, May 25, 2012 7:16:49 PM UTC-6, NotMe wrote:
"gary" wrote in message
I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? What cleaner or solvent will
get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated
all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., grate, burners,
regulator, etc)?

Back when we'd find a big ant nest. Took a while but eventually 99% would
come off.

Very interesting. Ants as a cleaner?...yep that might work.

Last year a big wind storm whipped my hummingbird feeder and sprayed a sugar
solution all over my window. The next day an ant colony discovered the mess and
started working on it. In less than an hour they removed all traces from the
window.

==

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gary" wrote in message
I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? *What cleaner or solvent will
get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated
all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., *grate, burners,
regulator, etc)?

Back when we'd find a big ant nest. *Took a while but eventually 99% would
come off.

Very interesting. Ants as a cleaner?...yep that might work.

Last year a big wind storm whipped my hummingbird feeder and sprayed a sugar
solution all over my window. The next day an ant colony discovered the mess and
started working on it. In less than an hour they removed all traces from the
window.

==

Hope they didn't move somewhere into your house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"gary" wrote in message
I have a 2-burner Coleman Stove that uses liquid fuel.

How can I thoroughly clean the stove? What cleaner or solvent will
get rid of all of the food, grease, dirt, gunk, etc has accumulated
all over the fuel tank and inside the stove (i.e., grate, burners,
regulator, etc)?

Back when we'd find a big ant nest. Took a while but eventually 99%
would
come off.

Very interesting. Ants as a cleaner?...yep that might work.

Last year a big wind storm whipped my hummingbird feeder and sprayed a
sugar
solution all over my window. The next day an ant colony discovered the
mess and
started working on it. In less than an hour they removed all traces from
the
window.

Interesting 'accelerator' ... soak the stove overnight in sugar water then
put on the ant hill.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I put the body of my Coleman stove and the grate and the fuel tank and
my Coleman lantern in the dishwasher.

I then ran the dishwater on the "high temperature" setting on the
"Pots and Pan" cycle and used two dishwasher-tablets. That removed
all but the toughest "detritis".

I then used a hot solution of Simple Green on all parts and used
straight Simple Green on the tough stuff and the stove and lantern
came out almost perfectly-clean.

I then re-assembled the stove and the lantern and lit them up. They
roared to life (almost like they were new)!