Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fence for pets

I plan on checking on fence for 5 small dogs. The fence will be
around 50x50. My sister knows a guy that says he has a vinyl fence
that has been used. I don't know yet why he ended up with a used
fence, but it makes me wonder if vinyl will be durable. It will be in
the back yard and will not be seen from the road.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 05 May 2012 13:01:17 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

I plan on checking on fence for 5 small dogs. The fence will be
around 50x50. My sister knows a guy that says he has a vinyl fence
that has been used. I don't know yet why he ended up with a used
fence, but it makes me wonder if vinyl will be durable. It will be in
the back yard and will not be seen from the road.

Can the dogs dig under it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I plan on checking on fence for 5 small dogs. The fence will be
around 50x50. My sister knows a guy that says he has a vinyl fence
that has been used. I don't know yet why he ended up with a used
fence, but it makes me wonder if vinyl will be durable. It will be in
the back yard and will not be seen from the road.

Can the dogs dig under it?

I haven't been around the dogs to really know yet. I am guessing that
would be a concern. He would be going 3 inches into the dirt. I am
guessing that won't stop much.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote in
:

wrote:

I plan on checking on fence for 5 small dogs. The fence will be
around 50x50. My sister knows a guy that says he has a vinyl fence
that has been used. I don't know yet why he ended up with a used
fence, but it makes me wonder if vinyl will be durable. It will be in
the back yard and will not be seen from the road.

Can the dogs dig under it?

I haven't been around the dogs to really know yet. I am guessing that
would be a concern. He would be going 3 inches into the dirt. I am
guessing that won't stop much.

It will stop a dog that digs 3" and quits :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 May 2012 14:55:45 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

Metspitzer wrote in
:

wrote:

I plan on checking on fence for 5 small dogs. The fence will be
around 50x50. My sister knows a guy that says he has a vinyl fence
that has been used. I don't know yet why he ended up with a used
fence, but it makes me wonder if vinyl will be durable. It will be in
the back yard and will not be seen from the road.

Can the dogs dig under it?

I haven't been around the dogs to really know yet. I am guessing that
would be a concern. He would be going 3 inches into the dirt. I am
guessing that won't stop much.

It will stop a dog that digs 3" and quits :-)

Bury some hardware cloth along the bottom edge of the fence. That'll change
the mind of all but the best canine breakout artists.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 May 2012 11:20:50 -0400, "
wrote:

Can the dogs dig under it?

I haven't been around the dogs to really know yet. I am guessing that
would be a concern. He would be going 3 inches into the dirt. I am
guessing that won't stop much.

It will stop a dog that digs 3" and quits :-)

Bury some hardware cloth along the bottom edge of the fence. That'll change
the mind of all but the best canine breakout artists.

Yup. It also keeps the wild animals out.