Central heat and air condition will not stop blowing

Old April 29th 12, 04:02 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central heat and air condition will not stop blowing

I had a "hard" power outage a couple of nights ago and all the sudden the
blower keeps coming back on randomly, even though I have the Honeywell
controller in the off postion (between heat and air) and the other on auto
(not on).

I opened my windows to enjoy the nice weather and about once an hour it will
start blowing for a few minutes then stop. Before that, it wouldn't stop at
all, but someone told me to make sure the doors in on the system in the
garage were on tight. I messed around and it went off. Now it just comes
on occasionally.

My electric bill is going to be more than my budget if I can't find a fix.

Thanks!

Old April 29th 12, 05:00 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 28, 9:02*pm, "Tamara Lynn" wrote:
I had a "hard" power outage a couple of nights ago and all the sudden the
blower keeps coming back on randomly, even though I have the Honeywell
controller in the off postion (between heat and air) and the other on auto
(not on).

I opened my windows to enjoy the nice weather and about once an hour it will
start blowing for a few minutes then stop. *Before that, it wouldn't stop at
all, but someone told me to make sure the doors in on the system in the
garage were on tight. *I messed around and it went off. *Now it just comes
on occasionally.

My electric bill is going to be more than my budget if I can't find a fix..

Thanks!

Find the circuit breaker for the heater/AC and turn it off that way
for starters.
Old April 29th 12, 06:26 AM posted to alt.home.repair

online manual that doesn't seem to help

http://www.honeywellcentral.com/ssi/...30B_manual.pdf

Old April 29th 12, 06:54 AM posted to alt.home.repair
AJL

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:02:05 -0500, "Tamara Lynn"
wrote:

I had a "hard" power outage a couple of nights ago and all the sudden the
blower keeps coming back on randomly, even though I have the Honeywell
controller in the off postion (between heat and air) and the other on auto
(not on).

I opened my windows to enjoy the nice weather and about once an hour it will
start blowing for a few minutes then stop. Before that, it wouldn't stop at
all, but someone told me to make sure the doors in on the system in the
garage were on tight. I messed around and it went off. Now it just comes
on occasionally.

My electric bill is going to be more than my budget if I can't find a fix.

Thanks!

I had a furnace/AC blower that wouldn't stop blowing. Apparently the
computer board got its electronics scrambled somehow. The fix was to
unplug the furnace and leave it unplugged for several minutes (I used
10 minutes). Then when I plugged it back in all was working well again
and has been now for several months. Kinda like rebooting a crashed
computer I guess...
Old April 29th 12, 03:40 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, I will try that. I just can't figure out if the problem is the
thermostat or unit, so I will try both.

Old April 29th 12, 04:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

thermostat or unit, so I will try both.- Hide quoted text -

Just temporarily disconnect the thermostat if you
want to rule that out.
Old April 30th 12, 01:29 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just temporarily disconnect the thermostat if you
want to rule that out.

I pulled the batteries out of the thermostat for 10-15 seconds. When I put
them back in, the fan immediately kicked on and finally shut off.

Old April 30th 12, 02:37 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/29/2012 7:29 PM, Tamara Lynn wrote:
wrote:

Just temporarily disconnect the thermostat if you
want to rule that out.

I pulled the batteries out of the thermostat for 10-15 seconds. When I put
them back in, the fan immediately kicked on and finally shut off.

Check to see if there is an LED light blinking on the furnace unit.
There could be an error code. May be minor, may be major, may be
nothing at all. Worth investigating.
Old April 30th 12, 02:44 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Just temporarily disconnect the thermostat if you
want to rule that out.

I pulled the batteries out of the thermostat for 10-15 seconds. When I
put
them back in, the fan immediately kicked on and finally shut off.

Check to see if there is an LED light blinking on the furnace unit. There
could be an error code. May be minor, may be major, may be nothing at
all. Worth investigating.

My Lennox system is 30 years old, I think before they got LED. :-)

Anyway, I went out and turned the pilot light to the heat (gas) and then
turned off the gas to the unit. So far the fan hasn't came back on.
crosses fingers

Perhaps the heat on the flame on the pilot heated the central system, and it
kicked on just to disperse that heat. At least that is what I am hoping
for...sigh. I should have just rented a husband! lol