Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Your wire or your life!"

"Philadelphia police are searching for two suspects in the stabbings of a
pair of security guards at a Home Depot Wednesday afternoon. Investigators
say the suspects were trying to steal copper wire."

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...nd-home-depot/

In my town, scrap copper is being bought (I think) for about $3.75/lb. I
guess one person could carry about a hundred pounds, so for less than $400
the goblin risks, like forever, in the Grey Bar Hotel for armed robbery or
attempted murder.

At a more enlightened store, the stink-eye would be circling the drain upon
encountering a security guard carrying a firearm.

Disregard the last; the event took place in Philadelphia. That city has an
"enlightened" view toward deadly weapons.

In my town, there'd be chalk marks on the sidewalk and a medicine man would
be waving chicken claws over the remains (of the perp, not the wire).

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

Philadelphia police are searching for two suspects in the stabbings
of a pair of security guards at a Home Depot Wednesday afternoon.
The suspects were trying to steal copper wire.

I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-04-30, Home Guy wrote:

I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.

Don't let the gangplank hit you in the ass on the way out.

--
vi --the heart of evil!
"Avenge me!" --Bill Burr
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:49:43 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

HeyBub wrote:

Philadelphia police are searching for two suspects in the stabbings
of a pair of security guards at a Home Depot Wednesday afternoon.
The suspects were trying to steal copper wire.

I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.

How is the view from down there, as you look up at us (USA)?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 30, 9:49*am, Home Guy wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Philadelphia police are searching for two suspects in the stabbings
of a pair of security guards at a Home Depot Wednesday afternoon.
The suspects were trying to steal copper wire.

I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.

All it took was Google to show that things aren't much better up
north.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/pe/news-no...135516-eng.htm

"Overnight February 28th, 2012 an individual entered the Cavendish
Farms property in New Annan and stole 350 feet of copper wire valued
at over $5000 which was attached to the grounding system for the bio
gas plant."

The last I knew, New Annan was in Canada

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 11:10:37 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

"Overnight February 28th, 2012 an individual entered the Cavendish
Farms property in New Annan and stole 350 feet of copper wire valued
at over $5000 which was attached to the grounding system for the bio
gas plant."

The last I knew, New Annan was in Canada

I read now that stealing copper in Canada is called "urban mining".
Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Philadelphia police are searching for two suspects in the stabbings
of a pair of security guards at a Home Depot Wednesday afternoon.
The suspects were trying to steal copper wire.

I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.

All it took was Google to show that things aren't much better up
north.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/pe/news-no...135516-eng.htm

"Overnight February 28th, 2012 an individual entered the Cavendish
Farms property in New Annan and stole 350 feet of copper wire valued
at over $5000 which was attached to the grounding system for the bio
gas plant."

The last I knew, New Annan was in Canada

the only difference is hemoroid guy can't put a cap in their ass if he
catches them.
He gets to give them cookies and milk instead

Posted to alt.home.repair

notbob wrote:

I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.

Don't let the gangplank hit you in the ass on the way out.

I'm not going anywhere.

It's the USA that's "on the way out".
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

The suspects were trying to steal copper wire.

I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.

How is the view from down there, as you look up at us (USA)?

You forget that we're looking down at you from where we are.

And the view is getting somewhat disturbing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

two suspects in the stabbings of a pair of security guards
The suspects were trying to steal copper wire.

I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.

All it took was Google to show that things aren't much better up
north.

Not "much" better?

Find me a Canadian story where copper theft happened in conjuction with
battery / assault / attempted murder.

Although I realize that murder death kill is nothing out of the ordinary
for you folk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

I read now that stealing copper in Canada is called "urban mining".

A phrase that was invented in the USA as delinquent and forclosed homes
get stripped of anything of value.
Posted to alt.home.repair

ChairMan wrote:

the only difference is hemoroid guy can't put a cap in their ass
if he catches them.

That would only be relevant if copper theft was as rampant here in
Canada as it is in the USA.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:27:38 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

Oren wrote:

I read now that stealing copper in Canada is called "urban mining".

A phrase that was invented in the USA as delinquent and forclosed homes
get stripped of anything of value.

Better check your source again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

I read now that stealing copper in Canada is called
"urban mining".

A phrase that was invented in the USA as delinquent and
forclosed homes get stripped of anything of value.

Better check your source again.

Here's one source.

Read this and feel ashamed for your country:

=================
http://jodyewing.com/tag/copper-theft/

All That Remains

This used to be my grandparents’ rural country home. Five generations
once laughed and loved and celebrated countless family milestones here.
After Grandpa died and Grandma moved in with my folks, my mom and
stepdad purchased the house in order to keep it in the family, and were
in the process of fixing it up for a renter when thieves broke in late
on Aug. 28, 2007, stole copper piping, and let the home fill with gas
for the inevitable explosion.

My stepfather, “Dad” Earl Thelander, suffered second- and third-degree
burns over 80% of his body in the explosion. Four days later, he lost
his life over less than $20 worth of stolen copper.

--------------

A thief who stripped copper tubing from a propane tank is blamed for a
gas buildup and house explosion that severely burned an 80-year-old
Onawa man, authorities said Wednesday.

Earl Thelander suffered third-degree burns over nearly half his body in
Tuesday’s blast. Investigators say the gas buildup was linked to the
disappearance of the tubing, which has increasingly been the target of
so-called “urban miners” who hope to cash in on the high price of
certain scrap metals.

The thief who hit Thelander’s rural home “maybe got $15 worth of
copper,” Monona County Sheriff Jeff Pratt said. “They cut the propane
line going to the furnace of the house in an attempt to steal the
copper.”
===================

If you can find an earlier Canadian reference to "urban mining" - be my
guest.

And you might want to look for any occurrances of catalytic-convertor
theft in Canada while you're at it. Cutting out the catalytic
convertors from cars using battery-operated saws is another example of
urban mining in the USA.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 30, 4:26*pm, Home Guy wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
two suspects in the stabbings of a pair of security guards
The suspects were trying to steal copper wire.

I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.

All it took was Google to show that things aren't much better up
north.

Not "much" better?

Find me a Canadian story where copper theft happened in conjuction with
battery / assault / attempted murder.

Although I realize that murder death kill is nothing out of the ordinary
for you folk.

"The damage from the theft left an unsafe work environment which could
have placed employees of the plant in jeopardy had they not discovered
the theft."

The thieves were merely "lucky" that no one was injured/killed. It's
not like they cared anymore than the Home Depot thieves. In fact, they
were more cowardly since they didn't even bother to face the people
they could have killed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-04-30, Home wrote:

I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.

Don't let the gangplank hit you in the ass on the way out.

Home Guy has a hardon for America.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/30/2012 3:23 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Oren wrote:

The suspects were trying to steal copper wire.
I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.

How is the view from down there, as you look up at us (USA)?

You forget that we're looking down at you from where we are.

And the view is getting somewhat disturbing.

Well then stop looking.

Glad I could help. :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...
HeyBub wrote:

Philadelphia police are searching for two suspects in the stabbings
of a pair of security guards at a Home Depot Wednesday afternoon.
The suspects were trying to steal copper wire.

I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.

You'll still be waving when you arm rots off in your coffin.

Posted to alt.home.repair

net...
Oren wrote:

The suspects were trying to steal copper wire.
I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.
How is the view from down there, as you look up at us (USA)?

You forget that we're looking down at you from where we are.

And the view is getting somewhat disturbing.

Well then stop looking.

Glad I could help. :-)

He can't
He's one of the insecure types always trying to peek over the urinal screens
to check if he makes the grade.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...
ChairMan wrote:

the only difference is hemoroid guy can't put a cap in their ass
if he catches them.

That would only be relevant if copper theft was as rampant here in
Canada as it is in the USA.

Now we see the moving goalposts in action.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/30/2012 3:26 PM, Home Guy wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

two suspects in the stabbings of a pair of security guards
The suspects were trying to steal copper wire.

I'm waving good-bye to you (the USA) as you circle the drain.

All it took was Google to show that things aren't much better up
north.

Not "much" better?

Find me a Canadian story where copper theft happened in conjuction with
battery / assault / attempted murder.

Although I realize that murder death kill is nothing out of the ordinary
for you folk.

All restaurants are Taco Bell. ^_^

TDD