Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Brabants?

Check out this page--
http://www.theamericanbrabantassocia...m/pictures.htm

search for Laico and Scout

Laico says he's 100% imported-- that's what the european ones look
like-- We've bred them over here to be trimmer.

None as cool as the one you saw-- but I think brabant might be the
breed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

oops-- Sorry 'bout that chief.
[glad this wasn't an email to my mistress.g]

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 19:17:53 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

Check out this page--
http://www.theamericanbrabantassocia...m/pictures.htm

search for Laico and Scout

Laico says he's 100% imported-- that's what the european ones look
like-- We've bred them over here to be trimmer.

None as cool as the one you saw-- but I think brabant might be the
breed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2011 4:22 PM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
oops-- Sorry 'bout that chief.
[glad this wasn't an email to my mistress.g]

Mistress: Someone half-way between a mister and a mattress. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
Check out this page--
http://www.theamericanbrabantassocia...m/pictures.htm

search for Laico and Scout

Laico says he's 100% imported-- that's what the european ones look
like-- We've bred them over here to be trimmer.

None as cool as the one you saw-- but I think brabant might be the
breed.

Laico looks an awful lot like the Clydesdales that I use to drive through
the streets of Staten Island hitched to a haywagon. Brings back memories of
whipple-trees, belly bands, traces, collars and over 100 lbs of various
leather. It took a while to learn how to "harness up" the horses and to
stow the gear properly but it was a great experience for a city kid like me.

Those are some beautiful horses - you can see in some of the photos how
incredibly powerful they are compared to a racing thoroughbred. The
Clydesdales took a lot of abuse from the idiots that roamed the streets of
NYC - honking horns, flashing lights and even throwing beer cans at
hem. )-:

We used to ride them bareback to the main stable after we unharnessed them -
talk about getting bowlegged - those big Clydesdales made you feel you were
astride giant oil drum.

--
Bobby G.