How to cut Silestone counter top

Old December 3rd 11, 04:18 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to cut Silestone counter top

Were putting in a new stove... My now counter top were my drop in stove went
measures 28"
The stove is 31" at the very top and 30" in the middle across it.

i wrote about this before I did go to the pros and they want $200 +
i thought granet but it is silestone..
Is there a blade for this to put in my sklll saw?

Old December 3rd 11, 04:30 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Jack Valance" wrote in
m:

Were putting in a new stove... My now counter top were my drop in
stove went measures 28"
The stove is 31" at the very top and 30" in the middle across it.

i wrote about this before I did go to the pros and they want $200 +
i thought granet but it is silestone..
Is there a blade for this to put in my sklll saw?

Diamond saw blade. I had to use it to remove a 15 cm
wide bar of granite they left for transportation safety
in the kooking plate hole in the counter top.....
Cost me two diamond blades(totally ruined).
luckely for me, the cooking plate covers the iffy work I did....
Old December 3rd 11, 01:02 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/2/2011 10:18 PM, Jack Valance wrote:
Were putting in a new stove... My now counter top were my drop in stove went
measures 28"
The stove is 31" at the very top and 30" in the middle across it.

i wrote about this before I did go to the pros and they want $200 +
i thought granet but it is silestone..
Is there a blade for this to put in my sklll saw?

Jack, this may be of some interest to you:

http://www.homedepot.com/Flooring-Tile-Stone-Tile-
Tools-Accessories-Tile-Saws/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbnh1/R-202517159/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
Old December 3rd 11, 03:27 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/2/2011 11:18 PM, Jack Valance wrote:
Were putting in a new stove... My now counter top were my drop in stove went
measures 28"
The stove is 31" at the very top and 30" in the middle across it.

i wrote about this before I did go to the pros and they want $200 +
i thought granet but it is silestone..
Is there a blade for this to put in my sklll saw?

Is your skill saw going to reach all the way to the back edge or would
you pull the whole thing away from the wall?
Old December 3rd 11, 08:13 PM posted to alt.home.repair

There is a 3" gap from were the back of the stove sits to the back splash
that sits again the wall.
the cut will stop 3"

Is your skill saw going to reach all the way to the back edge or would you
pull the whole thing away from the wall?

Polishing silestone Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names Home Repair 3 May 4th 12 01:26 PM
Silestone Counter Tops Kate[_5_] Home Repair 9 March 18th 10 08:56 PM
silestone bar keglidd Home Repair 2 December 13th 06 05:45 PM
Attach silestone? Chas12 Woodworking 14 February 4th 06 04:04 PM
DIY Silestone/Zodiaq etc counter Borax Home Repair 0 March 28th 05 04:42 PM