DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to cut Silestone counter top (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/332574-how-cut-silestone-counter-top.html)

Jack Valance December 3rd 11 04:18 AM

How to cut Silestone counter top

Were putting in a new stove... My now counter top were my drop in stove went
measures 28"
The stove is 31" at the very top and 30" in the middle across it.

i wrote about this before I did go to the pros and they want $200 +
i thought granet but it is silestone..
Is there a blade for this to put in my sklll saw?

Sjouke Burry[_5_] December 3rd 11 04:30 AM

How to cut Silestone counter top

"Jack Valance" wrote in
m:

Were putting in a new stove... My now counter top were my drop in
stove went measures 28"
The stove is 31" at the very top and 30" in the middle across it.

i wrote about this before I did go to the pros and they want $200 +
i thought granet but it is silestone..
Is there a blade for this to put in my sklll saw?

Diamond saw blade. I had to use it to remove a 15 cm
wide bar of granite they left for transportation safety
in the kooking plate hole in the counter top.....
Cost me two diamond blades(totally ruined).
luckely for me, the cooking plate covers the iffy work I did....

DanG[_2_] December 3rd 11 01:02 PM

On 12/2/2011 10:18 PM, Jack Valance wrote:
Were putting in a new stove... My now counter top were my drop in stove went
measures 28"
The stove is 31" at the very top and 30" in the middle across it.

i wrote about this before I did go to the pros and they want $200 +
i thought granet but it is silestone..
Is there a blade for this to put in my sklll saw?

Jack, this may be of some interest to you:

http://www.homedepot.com/Flooring-Tile-Stone-Tile-
Tools-Accessories-Tile-Saws/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbnh1/R-202517159/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G

Tony Miklos[_2_] December 3rd 11 03:27 PM

On 12/2/2011 11:18 PM, Jack Valance wrote:
Were putting in a new stove... My now counter top were my drop in stove went
measures 28"
The stove is 31" at the very top and 30" in the middle across it.

i wrote about this before I did go to the pros and they want $200 +
i thought granet but it is silestone..
Is there a blade for this to put in my sklll saw?

Is your skill saw going to reach all the way to the back edge or would
you pull the whole thing away from the wall?

Jack Valance December 3rd 11 08:13 PM

How to cut Silestone counter top

There is a 3" gap from were the back of the stove sits to the back splash
that sits again the wall.
the cut will stop 3"

[email protected] October 20th 16 11:01 PM

How to cut Silestone counter top

Can I use a carbide router bit to trim a half inch off silestone

[email protected] October 20th 16 11:48 PM

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 15:01:50 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Can I use a carbide router bit to trim a half inch off silestone

Probably not. If it is something generally called "Quartz" carbide
tools will just smoke and stop cutting pretty quickly.
A diamond blade in a circular saw will do it but it is messy and slow.

Ed Pawlowski October 20th 16 11:49 PM

On 10/20/2016 6:01 PM, wrote:
Can I use a carbide router bit to trim a half inch off silestone

Not easily
http://www.ehow.com/how_8274717_cut-...untertops.html