Posted to alt.home.repair

Default problem with deep well and check valve

We have a deep well. A few months ago we started having problems with
it. We got a well company (that I have used before) to come out. The
replaced the tank (leaking diaphragm) and put a check valve near the
well. There is a metal pipe coming from the well and going to the
house and a PVC pipe that comes up and branches. One branch goes to
the metal pipe and the other goes to a spiquet (sp?). They put the
check valve in the PVC pipe (and after that the spiquet would not
work). I paid the bill promptly.

But we were still getting air in the line so I called them back. This
time they determined that there was a leak in the drop pipe in the
well and replaced it. That fixed the problem and I promptly paid that
bill.

Sometime after that we noticed that the PVC pipe was leaking where
they put in the check valve. I called them back and they took out the
check valve. Today I got a bill for that visit, saying that the check
valve was bad and I "don't need it now".

If I don't need the check valve now, did I need it when they put it
in? The only thing that has changed since then is that they replaced
the drop pipe in the well.

From my perspective, it seems like they charged me to put in a part I
didn't need, which turned out to be defective, and they want to charge
me again to take it back out.

I called them about 4PM today and asked. The person said that he
understood what I was saying and would get back to me (but so far he
hasn't).

Does this check valve issue make sense? Am I right?
Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

"Jan Philips" wrote in message
[...]

From my perspective, it seems like they charged me to put in a part I
didn't need, which turned out to be defective, and they want to charge
me again to take it back out.

I called them about 4PM today and asked. The person said that he
understood what I was saying and would get back to me (but so far he
hasn't).

Does this check valve issue make sense? Am I right?

If they are a reasonable company that warrantees their work, then all will
be forgiven. If they are not a reliable company and try to pad bills by
doing unnecessary work (which they don't stand behind) then it will be a cat
fight. Could be that someone is trying to cover up their mistake and using
you (and your money) as the fall guy.
MLD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 3, 4:11*pm, Jan Philips wrote:
[...]

From my perspective, it seems like they charged me to put in a part I
didn't need, which turned out to be defective, and they want to charge
me again to take it back out.

I called them about 4PM today and asked. *The person said that he
understood what I was saying and would get back to me (but so far he
hasn't).

Does this check valve issue make sense? *Am I right?

They show to fix a problem they caused and want to charge for it!!! s
to the checkvalve. In a well installed system, that check valve is not
needed. When I see one between the well and the pressure tank I
suspect a "ham handed" fix of a problem rather than fixing the real
problem.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 19:10:49 -0700 (PDT), Harry K
wrote:

They show to fix a problem they caused and want to charge for it!!! s
to the checkvalve. In a well installed system, that check valve is not
needed. When I see one between the well and the pressure tank I
suspect a "ham handed" fix of a problem rather than fixing the real
problem.

This company installed the well approximately 14 years ago. I don't
know what problem the check valve was to solve, but the system didn't
"need" it until a few months ago.

check valve Notat Home Home Repair 14 May 11th 11 09:28 AM
Nut on CH check valve? [email protected] UK diy 4 January 7th 07 04:10 PM
Valve,butterfly valve,ball valve,check valve,globe valve [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 14th 06 09:23 AM
Thermostatic Mixing Valve, or a coupla' check valves and a ball valve? Tim and Steph Home Repair 19 December 31st 05 03:51 PM