Mitsubishi "Blinking Green Light"

Old October 24th 11, 01:45 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mitsubishi "Blinking Green Light"

Does anyone have experience with the Mitsubishi
Big Screen TV "Blinking Green Light" problem.
My son's girlfriend has a 52" Mitsubishi TV and
it stopped working except for the blinking green
light.

Thanks,

Dick
---
Richard D. Adams
Old October 24th 11, 02:12 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Dick Adams wrote:
Does anyone have experience with the Mitsubishi
Big Screen TV "Blinking Green Light" problem.
My son's girlfriend has a 52" Mitsubishi TV and
it stopped working except for the blinking green
light.

According to the web, this is a common problem on Mitsubishi rear-projection
TVs and is referred to as "The Blinking Green Light of Death." There are two
processors in the set and the light blinks for about a minute during power
on as they attempt to communicate. If the light KEEPS blinking, it means the
two processors cannot communicate properly.

If your hand fits a soldering iron, and you have access to about $7.00 worth
of capacitors, you can fix it yourself. Else be prepared to pay upwards of
$750 for the circuit board and installation.

See
http://www.highdefforum.com/rear-pro...descreens.html

Old October 24th 11, 03:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 20:12:36 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

According to the web, this is a common problem on Mitsubishi rear-projection
TVs and is referred to as "The Blinking Green Light of Death." There are two
processors in the set and the light blinks for about a minute during power
on as they attempt to communicate. If the light KEEPS blinking, it means the
two processors cannot communicate properly.

If your hand fits a soldering iron, and you have access to about $7.00 worth
of capacitors, you can fix it yourself. Else be prepared to pay upwards of
$750 for the circuit board and installation.

See
http://www.highdefforum.com/rear-pro...descreens.html

Sounds like the perfect excuse to buy a flat screen just as big for
about the same cost as repairs. I've been seeing a lot of projection
TV's at the curb these days. Too expensive to fix and a mediocre
picture at best.
Old October 24th 11, 03:44 AM posted to alt.home.repair
SMS

wrote:

According to the web, this is a common problem on Mitsubishi rear-projection
TVs and is referred to as "The Blinking Green Light of Death." There are two
processors in the set and the light blinks for about a minute during power
on as they attempt to communicate. If the light KEEPS blinking, it means the
two processors cannot communicate properly.

If your hand fits a soldering iron, and you have access to about $7.00 worth
of capacitors, you can fix it yourself. Else be prepared to pay upwards of
$750 for the circuit board and installation.

See
http://www.highdefforum.com/rear-pro...descreens.html

Sounds like the perfect excuse to buy a flat screen just as big for
about the same cost as repairs. I've been seeing a lot of projection
TV's at the curb these days. Too expensive to fix and a mediocre
picture at best.

You can buy a flat screen for $7 worth of capacitors?

Failing electrolytic capacitors has become a common occurrence in
consumer electronics. A lot of wall warts fail because of this,
especially those in 2Wire power supplies. I've had two fail already.
There's a guy in ba.internet who cracks them open and replaces the bad
caps, but I prefer to just buy a better supply.
Old October 24th 11, 05:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

HI,
They are couple bucks each new. On eBay I got a Garmin GPS wall charger
for 1.99 including shipping from H.K.
Old October 24th 11, 08:16 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Dick Adams wrote:

Does anyone have experience with the Mitsubishi
Big Screen TV "Blinking Green Light" problem.
My son's girlfriend has a 52" Mitsubishi TV and
it stopped working except for the blinking green
light.

Put a piece of electrical tape over the light, problem solved!

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)

Old October 24th 11, 12:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Has your house been visited by space aliens with bowls of
popcorn, in the last week or two? They may be saboteurs from
Mars.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old October 24th 11, 12:39 PM posted to alt.home.repair

It's a conspiracy by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Now, you
have the "all Black, all the time" channel.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus