Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ScaleRID watersoftener

ScaleRID ads claim to get rid of hard water problems without expensive
water softeners. What are your experiences with ScaleRID?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2011 7:20 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:
ScaleRID ads claim to get rid of hard water problems without expensive
water softeners. What are your experiences with ScaleRID?

No experience, but you are not going to rid your water of calcium
without chemicals. I think all these electronic things that just run a
current through the pipes are a fraud.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
On 8/4/2011 7:20 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:
ScaleRID ads claim to get rid of hard water problems without expensive
water softeners. What are your experiences with ScaleRID?

No experience, but you are not going to rid your water of calcium without
chemicals. I think all these electronic things that just run a current
through the pipes are a fraud.

My thoughts too. Aslo the magnetic ones.

I have seen tests, the effect doesnot last long apprently.

There is a test here. Baffles me a bit.
http://www.calmagltd.com/electronic_...often_wa ter_

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2011 11:27 AM, harryagain wrote:
wrote in message
On 8/4/2011 7:20 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:
ScaleRID ads claim to get rid of hard water problems without expensive
water softeners. What are your experiences with ScaleRID?

No experience, but you are not going to rid your water of calcium without
chemicals. I think all these electronic things that just run a current
through the pipes are a fraud.

My thoughts too. Aslo the magnetic ones.

I have seen tests, the effect doesnot last long apprently.

There is a test here. Baffles me a bit.
http://www.calmagltd.com/electronic_...often_wa ter_

I seem to recall that you get some precipitation on the pipes which
probably accounts for slight initial reduction but as you say the effect
will not last.

I've been surprised that the authorities have not come after these people.

My well water tests borderline for hardness but I have avoided treatment
to avoid cost and, since I'm sodium restricted, don't want to add salt
to my water. I do have a sediment filter that works great in keeping
toilets and sinks cleaner.