Gray water leachfield

Old July 27th 11, 01:06 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gray water leachfield

"N8N" wrote in message
On Jul 27, 3:11 am, harry wrote:
On Jul 27, 3:41 am, "Steve B" wrote:

I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. I want to drain
grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic matter)
into a
leachfield. There will be no septic tank because there will be no
solids.
I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can
put
one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? Advice? Suggestions?

TIA

Steve

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

You would be poisoning the earth unless you use biodegradeables and
even then, many are suspect.
Typical f**g Yank, poison the world so you can make/save money

WTF, plants love grey water. putting it into the topsoil is the best
thing that you could do. better there than into the bay where it can
cause problems.

nate

Actually, I was going to run it to my medical marijuana plants. Strictly
for medical, you understand....................

Steve

--

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide
Now on facebook, too.

Old July 27th 11, 01:17 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 27, 3:11*am, harry wrote:
On Jul 27, 3:41*am, "Steve B" wrote:

I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. *I want to drain
grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic matter) into a
leachfield. *There will be no septic tank because there will be no solids.
I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can put
one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? *Advice? *Suggestions?

TIA

Steve

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

You would be poisoning the earth unless you use biodegradeables and
even then, many are suspect.
Typical f**g Yank, poison the world so you can make/save money.- Hide quoted text -

What total nonsense. It would not be poisoning the earth
anymore than a similar leach field from the millions of
homes with septic systems. As for graywater, in some
areas it's actually OK and encouraged to capture and use
for lawn watering and similar.
Old July 27th 11, 06:49 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 27, 12:30*pm, ZeroWorship wrote:
On 7/27/2011 3:11 AM, harry wrote:

On Jul 27, 3:41 am, "Steve *wrote:
I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. *I want to drain
grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic matter) into a
leachfield. *There will be no septic tank because there will be no solids.
I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can put
one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? *Advice? *Suggestions?

TIA

Steve

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

You would be poisoning the earth unless you use biodegradeables and
even then, many are suspect.
Typical f**g Yank, poison the world so you can make/save money.

like BP?- Hide quoted text -

BP cleaned up . Unlike Chevron.
http://theamazonpost.com/tag/oil-spills

Or the Torrey Canyon.

F***g Yanks again.
Old July 27th 11, 06:51 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 27, 1:17*pm, "
wrote:
On Jul 27, 3:11*am, harry wrote:

On Jul 27, 3:41*am, "Steve B" wrote:

[...]

for lawn watering and similar.- Hide quoted text -

Septic tanks break down many harmful chemicals. Just chucking it into
the soil is irresponsible and may pollute neighbour's wells or nearby
rivers.
Old July 27th 11, 07:09 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 27, 3:41 am, "Steve wrote:
[...]

BP used emulsifiers to spread their pollutants around the world. Not exactly
what you'd call good citizens.

Old July 27th 11, 07:11 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. I want to
drain grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic
matter) into a leachfield. There will be no septic tank because
there will be no solids. I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can
put one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? Advice? Suggestions?

I wouldn't worry about it. There's not much used in brewing that wouldn't be OK
for watering your plants, AFAIK.

Old July 27th 11, 08:09 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 27, 3:41 am, "Steve wrote:
[...]

Life is not fair. What else is new? No go take your pills and change the
tinfoil in your hat to the aluminum variety.

Steve

Old July 27th 11, 08:53 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

On Jul 27, 3:41 am, "Steve wrote:
[...]

No foil had required. This is well documented.

Old July 27th 11, 09:15 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 26, 10:41*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I'm making a beer brewing room in one of my containers. *I want to drain
grey water (that with soaps, sanitizer, and a little organic matter) into a
leachfield. *There will be no septic tank because there will be no solids.
I know people who have done this with RV's.

I am going to cautiously read up on my county's laws, but think I can put
one in with little falderal in my very rural setting.

Anyone done this? *Advice? *Suggestions?

TIA

Steve

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Where are you located ?

Do your state regulations consider grey water to be sewage ?

Your county permitting process for installing a septic system
would have to be followed, every state regulates this sort of
thing...

It sounds as if you need to look into the state laws on this to
see if grey water is considered sewage and would have to have
the full gamut of pre-install permitting and soil perc testing
before you can start digging...

It also sounds to me like you want to carefully consider where
you locate this grey water discharge system as if it is too close
to your septic system discharging all of the soaps, sanitizers and
the like can affect your black water septic system as those sorts
of chemicals tend to kill the bacteria in the septic system which
process the waste...

I have not done this before but have observed the process through
attending hearings where septic system designs were considered
and approved after hearing the reports from the perc testing and
the hydrologist's report on the conditions of the water table and
aquifer in the area...

Advice: Seek out an expert in the design and permitting in
septic systems in your state -- you might be an early adopter
of a grey water system... In no case should you be digging
trenches and putting a system in by yourself without a permit...
YOU may know what that drain should be used for but will
future owners or users of your property know that your homemade
and un-permitted grey water system doen't have a septic tank
and therefore shouldn't have certain things drained into it ?

Suggestion: Same as advice only with the addition that you
should seek out environmental type water conservationists
in your area and see what advice they have, what licensed experts
they recommend you get design advice/assistance from and
perhaps they might know of how to apply for special permitting...

Good Luck...

~~ Evan