Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sod redux

The greatest portion of the sod was laid today, leaving about a pallet left.
The sod was as thick as I have seen it, but a little thinner than the
thickest. It does NOT have a woven plastic mat, but an INCREDIBLY developed
root system. I am taking pains to keep it moist.

It looks great!

3400 sf of sod certainly improved the look of sand, grit, and rocks. The
dogs love it, and were frolicking around as we were doing it. They are
rescue pooches, each getting here about last summer. They were laying on it
with their back feet extended, I guess enjoying the cool and getting a free
scratch.

Sod isn't rocket science, but I did learn some things. I surely learned
that I never want to do it again, but will pay to have it done if I need any
more, or have to do it on another property.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/2/2011 1:55 PM, Steve B wrote:
[...]

did you roll it?

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 2, 1:55*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
The greatest portion of the sod was laid today, leaving about a pallet left.
The sod was as thick as I have seen it, but a little thinner than the
thickest. *It does NOT have a woven plastic mat, but an INCREDIBLY developed
root system. *I am taking pains to keep it moist.

It looks great!

3400 sf of sod certainly improved the look of sand, grit, and rocks. *

snip

You did give the poor sod some sort of topsoil to grow on, didn't
you?

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 11:55:24 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

The greatest portion of the sod was laid today, leaving about a pallet
left.
The sod was as thick as I have seen it, but a little thinner than the
thickest. It does NOT have a woven plastic mat, but an INCREDIBLY
developed
root system. I am taking pains to keep it moist.

What kind of sod is this?

fescue/bluegrass mix

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
[...]

No, it was in rolls when we got it.

Sorry.

Yes, we rolled it.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Joe" wrote in message
On Jul 2, 1:55 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
The greatest portion of the sod was laid today, leaving about a pallet
left.
The sod was as thick as I have seen it, but a little thinner than the
thickest. It does NOT have a woven plastic mat, but an INCREDIBLY
developed
root system. I am taking pains to keep it moist.

It looks great!

3400 sf of sod certainly improved the look of sand, grit, and rocks.

snip

You did give the poor sod some sort of topsoil to grow on, didn't
you?

Joe

$600 worth............

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Steve B spewed forth:
[...]

I'm sure it was hard to keep litg

air compressor redux dilbert firestorm Home Repair 26 February 28th 11 06:54 PM
refrigerator redux Nate Nagel Home Repair 24 March 27th 09 06:40 AM
OT Rehab redux Don Foreman Metalworking 8 August 13th 08 01:22 AM
X10 redux Robin UK diy 2 March 19th 08 07:03 PM
Chainsaw redux SteveB Metalworking 18 October 4th 05 02:54 AM