Schrader valve

Old June 24th 11, 01:08 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Schrader valve

What is the thread pitch and size of a Schrader valve on an inner
tube?

Also, the metal pin in the middle of the valve is bent so it's very
difficult to inflate the tube. It's also preventing me from
unscrewing the valve core. How can I take the core out?
Old June 24th 11, 01:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 23, 5:16*pm, Tegger wrote:
gcotterl wrote in news:0bca4c17-47bd-401e-
:

What is the thread pitch and size of a Schrader valve on an inner
tube?

Also, the metal pin in the middle of the valve is bent so it's very
difficult to inflate the tube. *It's also preventing me from
unscrewing the valve core. *How can I take the core out?

If the pin is bent sufficient to make core removal difficult, I'm not sure
you have many options other than using a precision screwdriver to force the
pin straight again so you can get the core-tool on it.

Have you considered simply replacing the tube? Tubes aren't particularly
expensive, or particularly hard to replace. Assuming this is a bicycle or
other uncomplicated piece of machinery...

--
Tegger

Replacing the tube was a bear -- see my "Mounting a Small Tire on
Wheel" post -- but I finally succeeded. But, in that process, I
must've bent the pin.
Old June 24th 11, 02:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair

gcotterl wrote in
:

Replacing the tube was a bear -- see my "Mounting a Small Tire on
Wheel" post -- but I finally succeeded. But, in that process, I
must've bent the pin.

I haven't the foggiest clue how you managed to do that, considering that
one goes nowhere near the interior of the valve stem when installing a
tube.

Can you give some details of the disaster?

--
Tegger
Old June 24th 11, 03:07 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 23, 8:08*pm, gcotterl wrote:
Also, the metal pin in the middle of the valve is bent so it's very
difficult to inflate the tube. *It's also preventing me from
unscrewing the valve core. *How can I take the core out?

In what way is it preventing you from taking it out? Is the part of
the pin that you depress for filling bent so that you can't get the
valve tool on it? If so, just grab it with needle-nosed pliers and
straighten it enough to use the tool. You probably need to replace the
core anyway... You might even just cut the end of the pin off, but I'm
not sure if that might result in launching small parts into the tube...
Old June 24th 11, 04:56 AM posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
gcotterl wrote:

What is the thread pitch and size of a Schrader valve on an inner
tube?

Also, the metal pin in the middle of the valve is bent so it's very
difficult to inflate the tube. It's also preventing me from
unscrewing the valve core. How can I take the core out?

Check this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Shrad...en&num=10&l r
=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=

and this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrader_valve

Erik
Old June 24th 11, 05:58 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 23, 5:08*pm, gcotterl wrote:
What is the thread pitch and size of a Schrader valve on an inner
tube?

Also, the metal pin in the middle of the valve is bent so it's very
difficult to inflate the tube. *It's also preventing me from
unscrewing the valve core. *How can I take the core out?

give this a try

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Schrader+valve+thread+pitch
Old June 24th 11, 01:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 23, 8:08*pm, gcotterl wrote:
What is the thread pitch and size of a Schrader valve on an inner
tube?

Also, the metal pin in the middle of the valve is bent so it's very
difficult to inflate the tube. *It's also preventing me from
unscrewing the valve core. *How can I take the core out?

Small needlenose pliers to straighten the pin.
Old June 24th 11, 04:49 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 23, 8:08*pm, gcotterl wrote:
What is the thread pitch and size of a Schrader valve on an inner
tube?

Also, the metal pin in the middle of the valve is bent so it's very
difficult to inflate the tube. *It's also preventing me from
unscrewing the valve core. *How can I take the core out?

There is a screw on dust cover for the schrader valve which also has a
built in tool on the back to remove the valve stem.Go to your auto
parts supplier.
JoeG

Expansion vessel - Schrader valve Richard Russell UK diy 24 November 7th 12 10:38 PM
Schrader valve stem gcotterl Home Repair 2 June 25th 11 02:22 PM
Schrader valve gcotterl Home Repair 0 June 24th 11 01:04 AM
Schrader valve stem gcotterl Home Repair 0 June 24th 11 12:40 AM
Does anyone know what thread size a tire valve stem and the Schrader valve are? Wally Metalworking 13 December 21st 05 02:56 AM