Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen faucet sprayer sticks

This Moen kitchen faucet was just installed a few months ago. I opted
for the spray attachment which I find handy. However, recently it
"sticks" - i.e., fails to shut off, so no water from main faucet.

I took it partially apart -- unscrewed the spray head, removed &
replaced the spray button cover, but no change.

Then I banged the spray button cover gently, but no change.

Then I opened the water wide, thinking a jolt might unstick whatever
was causing problem, but no change.

Then I noticed that with water wide open, the spray diverter? if
that's the responsible element? closed by itself after a few minutes,
and water came out of the faucet again.

I don't want to go through this every time I use the sprayer.

Any clues why this is happening and what to do about it?

(I'm not going back to where I bought it; I no longer do business with
them.)

TIA

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/07/11 02:07 pm, Higgs Boson wrote:

[...]

Moen advertises a lifetime warranty. Call them. They us sent a
replacement cartridge and a replacement spray head for the faucet we had
bought 6 or 7 years before and of whose purchase we had no proof -- but
I could tell them the approximate date of purchase and the store from
which we had bought it.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Jul 7, 2:07*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

I don't know the solution, but I've seen the exact same issue w/ two
different not-that-old Moen faucets. One was replaced by someone else
(I'd moved out) and the other, I was able to replace the squirter and
get it to shut off, but I think the diverter is still stuck in the
"faucet" position. Haven't been arsed to get the bloody thing apart
to look for it, if the diverter is even replaceable.

I'm guessing that Moen's quality, sadly, like so many other products,
isn't what it used to be.

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Correction, Was: Kitchen faucet sprayer sticks

On 07/07/11 02:16 pm, I wrote:

[...]

Now that I think again, ISTR filling out a form on line, and Moen called me.

And many years ago, when trying to fix a Moen faucet for my in-laws and
looking for a part at HD, they told me, "Just bring the old part in and
we'll replace it free. Never mind where you bought it."

Perce