Ryobi Trimmer fuel line routing

Old April 16th 11, 02:22 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ryobi Trimmer fuel line routing

I've got a Ryobi 790r trimmer (the one with the changeable heads).

The fuel lines are shot (probably why it hit the curb, where I found
it). I understand how to run the primer line but the one connecting to
the gas tank is confusing. There is a small hole in the bottom of the
tank, that appears to connect directly into the tank (blow in the tank,
air comes out). Next to that is a small nipple. I'm thinking the nipple
must be the gas return line from the primer bulb, but am not sure. What
does the connection to the "hole" look like? Is it a plug of some kind?
Saw nothing at HD helpful.

My Echo trimmer is on loan and I'd like to get this working.

Jeff
Old April 16th 11, 05:01 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/15/2011 7:22 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:
I've got a Ryobi 790r trimmer (the one with the changeable heads).

The fuel lines are shot (probably why it hit the curb, where I found it). I
understand how to run the primer line but the one connecting to the gas tank is
confusing. There is a small hole in the bottom of the tank, that appears to
connect directly into the tank (blow in the tank, air comes out). Next to that
is a small nipple. I'm thinking the nipple must be the gas return line from the
primer bulb, but am not sure. What does the connection to the "hole" look like?
Is it a plug of some kind? Saw nothing at HD helpful.

My Echo trimmer is on loan and I'd like to get this working.

Jeff

You LOANED your Echo trimmer? Ack! I like Red Green's advice in this regard:
"If it ain't broke, don't lend it."

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Old April 17th 11, 03:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/16/2011 11:01 AM, Steve Turner wrote:
[...]

I like that advice!

I found the kit finally, comes with a piece of fish wire to snake the
line through the tank. Runs fine now.

Got the Echo back but it is not running well, and quits after a
while. I'm thinking carb, but it could be anything including a head gasket.

Jeff

Fuel leak where line enters fuel tank k-man Home Repair 8 September 25th 08 05:30 PM
Ryobi trimmer/blower TC Home Repair 0 March 1st 07 06:58 PM
Ryobi 725R Gas Trimmer [email protected] Home Repair 2 July 3rd 06 01:22 PM
Ryobi Gas Trimmer - Need Schematic TC Home Repair 4 May 22nd 06 07:33 PM