Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning Electric Baseboard Heat Registers

Does anyone know if it\'s safe to use multi-surface cleaning chemicals on
heat registers? I\'m talking about the top/deflector part, where dust
builds up, not the actual heating elements. I was worried about them being
flammable, and I\'m not sure if I\'m being paranoid or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"NobodyImportant" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know if it\'s safe to use multi-surface cleaning chemicals on
heat registers? I\'m talking about the top/deflector part, where dust
builds up, not the actual heating elements. I was worried about them being
flammable, and I\'m not sure if I\'m being paranoid or not.

Yes, you are being paranoid. Most cleaners are over 90% water. Baseboard
heaters don't get hot enough to ignite flammable chemicals either.